“Something for everyone on the menu”

Jack Astor's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Astor's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 469 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2018

I have been to this restaurant a few times, as it is close to work and great for work lunches - there is something for everyone on the menu.

I never used to be a fan of the Jack Astor's chain as I remember their servers used to wear provocative uniforms, but luckily that seems to have changed and now they just wear black t-shirts with fun sayings.

I usually try something different each time that I go as they have so many different items on their menu, and I haven't found a favourite yet.

My most recent visit was for lunch with a work colleague and I ordered the soup of the day with a side caeser. The soup was a tomato base with beef and pasta. It was incredible! One of the best soups that I have ever had - it tasted like pasta with red sauce and beef. I would definitely order this again if I saw it on the menu.

The caeser salad was good as well, what you would expect from any restaurant.

Overall, I find the service to be good here and the diverse menu is really helpful when you go out with a group.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I pondered as I was going to Tripadvisor whether to give Jack Astor's a 3 or a 4. I see the overall rating is 3.5. That's about right. Since I couldn't decide, I rounded up...

Jack Astor's is a decent place to get a meal. The atmosphere is better than the food. the food is not horrible. It's just not great. I ordered the 11 oz. New York Strip steak. It came prepared as ordered but did not have a proper sear, nor was there a lot of flavor. For the price, one could say I got what I paid for. A red wine sauce came with it. It was very good and made the steak better. I contend a steak should stand on it's own. It came with mixed veggies and mashed potatoes. the mixed veggies were really good, as were the potatoes, which are obviously real. Oh, and it was topped with garlic butter. Yum.

My waitress was good. She was polite. But she also disappeared for stretches at a time. I waited for ten minutes after finishing before she asked if I wanted dessert of the check. She always looked busy but the place was not overly crowded.

The atmosphere is fun. There is a lot to look at. Gotta love a place that has a neon sign at the entrance stating, "Sorry, We're Open." Lots of TV's if you are eating lone or don't like the company you're with.

Jack Astor's is a chain. It has a lot going for it. If they just stepped up the food a notch, they would really have something.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

First visit to Jack's in Richmond Hill after it was recommended. Saturday night and the place was busy. Kendra our server was excellent and kitchen and food servers fast so we did not wait long for our order. Ordered Pad Thai with shrimp and triple cheese burger with piled high gooey fries. Pad Thai was excellent with plentiful large shrimp and I would order again, but would like more veggies. Apparently the picture of the burger and gooey fries is not what you get when ordering?? The gooey fries are poutine and so you need to upgrade the order in spite of the BIG picture on the menu. Kendra our server was good enough to have the order corrected. When the bill came we were charged extra for the poutine which would not have been an issue except for the misleading picture on the menu. After speaking with the manager the extra charge was removed. I hope that Jack Astor's head off takes note of this next time they change their menus.
They had lots of interesting items on the menu and as mentioned the service was excellent so we will go back.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We had visited Jack Astors on the weekend with 30 people including 15 children. The server was AMAZING! She had no problem with all the kids requests and did everything effortlessly. She was kind and polite and did her job very well. The food was also very good. Everyone was happy.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

It's an ok place if you're just looking for a drink and pub style food and aren't picky at all that their corporate style menu is an never changing template like all the other franchises.