“Huge Shrimp Cocktail!!”

Price range: US$0 - US$99
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming here for years. It has old style great service. Waiters all dressed in suits. Coat check. The whole nine yards. Straight from the 70’s. The food is fantastic and always consistent. Great steaks. The best shrimp cocktail in the world. I have no idea where they get the shrimp but they are the biggest and the best I’ve ever eaten.

1  Thank Natalie T

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Traditional restaurant with great service, excellent food and private rooms for smaller groups too. Wine selection is very good and prices are reasonable for this type of quality experience...

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Food and service excellent. Best shrimp/scampi cocktail anywhere and home made caesar salad made right at your table!

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I grew up in this area and have essentially driven by the Octagon Restaurant for 40-years. Needing a venue for a 'thank you' dinner, I thought it was time to check it out.

I say this was an odd experience because every dish from the French Onion Soup, to the Rib Eye Steak, to the Warm Chocolate Cake was disappointing at first, but ended as a perfect, flavorful, eating experience.

I found the soup surprisingly bland at first, but by the end I said aloud "Ahhh.. That was good."

The Rib Eye seemed tough at first, but by the end I said aloud "Ahhh... That was good."

The Warm Chocolate Cake seemed dry, but by the end (you guessed it), I said aloud "Ahhh... That was good."

And I genuinely meant it. I was truly satisfied by the last bite of any given dish. This is not the place to go to be bowled over by bold, experimental, or showy dishes. Instead, Octagon's food benefits from 40+ years of experience and each dish is perfectly prepared to be enjoyed in its entirety.

I will say that the servers are... well, "intense" is the word my friend used and it fits perfectly. I didn't feel truly welcome at any point. However, the experience was flawless and meals brought out very quickly. So, military precision may be an apt descriptor.

Anyways, I highly recommend if you've got some money to burn and want a solid meal.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

This is a well established fine dining restaurant with wonderful atmosphere and experienced staff. I didn't find the service and the food quality to be on par with either the expensive prices or several other fine dining establishments. There were 7 of us for dinner and we were told we weren't allowed to share anything? The ribs were delicious and I have never seen shrimps so large anywhere.