“I Love the Thai Gardens!”
Review of Thai Gardens

Thai Gardens
Ranked #34 of 77 Restaurants in Pembroke
Cuisines: Thai
Description: This is a small cosy place and you have to look carefully not to miss it. It is very nice inside and has a good selection of Thai dishes, some of which have photos in the menu. Also does take out. Nice touches in the decor.
Reviewed 28 January 2017

Tasty,fresh food! I enjoyed my soup & rice/veggie dish. Owner is the entertainment...very friendly! My friends & I will return.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

We came here for takeout one night as I was craving salad rolls with peanut sauce.
The first thing that hit me was the overwhelming smell of rancid cooking oil (I'm pregnant so it might not bother you, but I couldn't eat here). The owner was nice and served us a lovely pot of tea while we waited. There was no one else in the restaurant so our food was ready fairly quickly.

We ordered the pineapple red curry (tasty enough but it was basically soup, and it tasted more like pineapple juice than curry), the yellow curry with tofu (was also super runny and had cut green beans, giant carrots, and other non traditional mushy
veg in it - some people appreciate this but I found it off putting and couldn't eat it) and the salad rolls (overpriced, mostly vermicelli noodles, only one of the two had herbs in it - a tiny piece of basil, and the sauce was so lame I had to whip up my own at home)

I went in here expecting very little, and still I was disappointed. This is so far from the rich velvety aromatic curry I was craving, that I had to go out for Thai in Ottawa the next day!

also, my coat and clothes smelled so bad that it stunk up my car, which still smells...

I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. In fact, I made sure to text my friend DURING DINNER to tell her not to go here. This meal was expensive and terrible.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Thai Gardens is located right in the center of downtown Pembroke, is much decorated with all sorts of Thai memorabilia, photographs and paintings and the proprietress is a most friendly person who also does all the cooking. This small and clean restaurant is not a fancy place but the Thai food it makes is the best. In short, this is a memorable restaurant that is sure to please. We had the seafood special for two and a sizeable bowl of Tum Yum soup for each of us. Both entrees were excellent with sizeable portions. The Tum Yum soup, (about $7 US), had a very distinct taste; a bit different from most Tum Yum I've had. I would say it was better than the usual soup in that it was slightly on the sweet side, lacking the slightly bitter vinegary taste that one often gets with Tum Yum soup. The seafood entrée,(about $10 US), was really a stew with plenty of fish content. The restaurant did not skimp on the ingredients provided for both the stew and Tum Yum soup.

Parking is readily available on the street in this quiet town situated on the Ottawa River.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I tried this place out after reading other reviews here and just going on my gut sense that it would be good and it was!!

It was authentic, down-home Thai cooking --- like someone's mother or grandmother might make for you.

We ordered the coconut hot and sour soup with chicken and shared it -- we both had a fairly big bowl of it...huge portions here! It was SO good, I'm pretty sure it was made from scratch. Lots of chicken too.

And then we got one order of the sweet and sour chicken with vegetables and one order of...I think it was the spicy chicken with vegetables...? Chicken with veggies in a sauce, anyways. (In the pictures, the veggies looked very different but were pretty similar when we got them). The sauce was thin and although I'd never had it that easy before, I really liked it...it seemed way more authentic than the ones that are probably full of thickeners and probably not so authentic.

There was also TONS of veggies in each dish, unlike most Thai places I've been too. Broccoli, carrots, snow peas and asparagus pieces. And it's not salty (and I'm really sensitive to salt and get puffy easily and I didn't this time).

This food was so delicious and healthy that we'll be trying to find a place like this here in Toronto.

Oh, because some others have mentioned this...the owner is a bit loud, but she's also warn and friendly and enthusiastic. I'm part Italian (so used to loud) and I thought she was great. She cooks your food fresh when you order.

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

Thai food is my favorite. Ive been to several Thai restaurants in different cities and this is my absolute favorite. Fresh authentic food and atmosphere. The owner is wonderful and treats her patrons like close friends. I cant wait to go back.