All reviews night's sleep hot water no issues fridge and microwave bed was comfortable
Reviewed 22 August 2018

My friend and I stayed here for one night in July while passing through town on a Motorcycle trip. Just needed a place to clean up and get some sleep and that's exactly what we got.

The hotel is older, but very clean, showers had hot water. Was quiet at night. No issues here whatsoever.

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, basic motel when in Pembrooke, this is the place.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mona P, Owner at Hillside Inn Pembroke, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to express your reviews regarding your stay at our motel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will be doing everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for all of our guests.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Passing through on a little local road trip & stayed at the Hillside Inn. Had booked 2 rooms for very reasonable prices. Our room's bathroom had cushion flooring stapled & taped to the walls? Rooms were very dated & needed upgrading. The exterior of the building was very neat & tidy with new roofs, hanging plant baskets & tidy landscaping. The location was good for walking distance to a couple of local restaurants & also touring the downtown & surrounding area. The rooms had small window air conditioners that worked well but ran noisy. You could also hear toilets flushing & showers running early in the morning! Very little traffic noise otherwise. Did have patio chairs to sit outside your room & enjoy the fresh air rather than the stuffy rooms.

Room tip: The main building lower room numbers best choice.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I was a little iffy about booking this place, but it turned out just fine. We had two rooms booked, and we were side-by-side. The rooms were clean, had a fridge and microwave, and the bathroom was large. The bed was comfortable, but I had read an earlier review and brought my own pillow, which turned out to be an excellent idea, as the hotel pillows are small and flat! It was very quiet, and had chairs outside the door to sit outside in the evenings. It's very basic and could use a decorating update, for sure. The location is handy and Pembroke is a nice little town. I would certainly recommend this place, with excellent value for the money.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We usually stay at the Hillside on our annual visit to Pembroke, (and always book 2-3 rooms) but we will be staying elsewhere next year for a few reasons. Our room was a good size for four people but one bed was slightly comfortable and one was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever sat on, let alone slept in. We referred to it as the “cardboard bed”. It sounded and felt like cardboard – it even crunched. Absolutely terrible. Pillows were the worst ever as well. The bathroom door did not close either which was not ideal for the one female in a family of males. Water temperatures were mixed up in the shower – a scalding issue. Finally, there was a discrepancy in our bill which turned out to be a Hotels.com issue (and they agreed to fix) but while I was seeking information about it, the manager/owner proceeded to change the hotel policy on the spot, while he was speaking to me. He knew that a family of four (two adults and two minor children) were staying in our room but allowed me to be charged for an additional person at the cost of $60 total. When questioned about it, he said it was because they were over the age of 10. Nowhere on any information that I have been able to find about this motel does it mention a children’s age policy of 10. (When we stayed there last year, we were not charged any additional cost for our children). For this reason, I do not trust this unscrupulous motel and will look elsewhere in Pembroke next year.

Room tip: Check the fine print when booking and traveling with children Check the beds before agreeing to a room - uncomfortable
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank springbreakers241
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I came to Pembroke,for some work in Pontiac, Quebec. It is 15 min from there. The family who owns this establishment, with their motivated staff are unbelievably hospitable.
The rooms are clean, fully equipped, and everything worked.
There is a Macdonalds, an M and M, a little Ceasers and a gourmet (albeit overpriced) restaurant all of which are 5min away.
I truly recommend this place, and I'd always want to return here, under this management.

Date of stay: August 2017