“Welcoming Staff, Great view of the Lake...”

Best Western Inn On The Bay
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We had a great stay at this place. Room was well kept and the front desk staff were great! We had a warm welcome from Andy... Who also helped us with any questions we had regarding our trip to Tobermory. Very friendly and easy to talk with. That in itself would make me want to go back there again.
Also the ladies at the desk,Katlin and Stephaine were very sweet and eager to please us. View from the room was nice with the lake right at our window...Very relaxing stay.
All around, great stay. Will go back again :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Desstiny
0496, General Manager at Best Western Inn On The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very much appreciated and my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We feel very fortunate that we have the best location in Owen Sound and the only hotel on the water.
I will pass on your lovely comments to Andy, Katlin and Stephanie. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to host you in the near future.
Have a great day.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Very friendly reception desk. Our room was not ready because we arrived early. They got us another room right away. Very nice room, tv, fridge, coffe maker, iron. Excellent. The restaurante is very good. Only the Whirpool had too much chlorine. Wish the have a pool. Exercise room available.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chequen
0496, General Manager at Best Western Inn On The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Thank you for posting your comments on trip advisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the amenities we have to offer. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable experience like yours.
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day

Reviewed 12 July 2012

1st stay at this location. Given ok upgrade (not the best room but 2nd best) for BW Diamond member.

Positives
-Room was spotless. Excellent cleaning job
-Food at the restaurant was excellent. A bit pricy though considering its Owen Sound
-Room service was prompt
-Nice patio area. AC fans very noisy though so not very relaxing
-Staff were all friendly and helpful
-Lots of Parking
-Close drive to downtown. A bit far for a walk.
-Nice river view.

Negatives
-Surprised to find an earwig bug in the bathroom
-Tub was not properly cleaned in a long time. Sprayed off but soap scum not scrubbed off as it normally would be. Had to clean myself...too bad to use. Quite a contrast given the rest of the bathroom was spotless.
-Room service food temperature a little cooled down and they should cover up the toast and not have it exposed and just sitting on the plate cover
-Not really a riverside hotel as facility distant from the waters edge
-On the edge of downtown past a weathered industrial area next to a convention center so not the prettiest spot but the hotel is a good business or passing through place to stay. Not a destination hotel but probably one of the better hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Smokers tend to hang out at all the exits so keep in mind ground floor rooms have little privacy. Ex...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank TM643
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear TM
Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations . We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. We are proud of the hard work our room attendant do. Each attendant is I Care 2 certified, which means that they not only clean the room but sanitize it as well. Unfortunately, we made an error and I can assure you that this will be brought to the attention of our executive housekeeper to ensure it won't happen again.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you on your next visit.
If you would like to contact me to discuss your concern, please contact me at 519-371-9200.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stay at this hotel whenever I have to travel to Owen Sound or the surrounding area.
It is nice and clean. Conveniently located. The dining room does a nice breakfast.
Nice view of the bay from my room.
Friendly staff.
Rooms can fill up quickly, so you need to book in advance.

Room Tip: ask for one facing the water. and some rooms come with breakfast included in the price...ask for it
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jenny B
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Jenny
Thank you for posting your lovely comments on trip advisor. We are all pleased that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our hotel and the friendly service you received from our employees. My staff and I try to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.
If we can be of assistance in the future, dont hesitste to contact us at 519-371-9200.
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day.Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stay at this place many times for work. It definitely is the best hotel....in Owen Sound. Yes the star rating is low, but for a business traveller it has everything you need. Single bed with couch in the room and fridge. The wallpaper is meh. The gym is just a treadmill. The pool is really just two hot tubs, one with hot water and one with cold water, but it's the best you'll find in this town.

Free breakfast buffet is nice. The pricing however is very high for what you pay and receive. They definitely know they are the best relative option and charge at least $150 a room for corporate or rack rate. Government employees pay $100 + tax but still, it's high. I have stayed at the Days Inn (near courthouse/tim hortons) and Knights Inn (10th street?) and both are relative crap compared to this place. Actually both of those rooms have a very dirty motel feel.

Until a holiday inn express, hilton, mariott, hell any SPG hotel opens up in the area, this will be the place you'll have to go to. I rated it 4/5 because in terms of needs, it met what I was looking for and gave me everything I needed to do business.

One very good plus is that the view is great. Steps outside is Georgian bay which you can walk/jog/sprint up and down. It's also near some decent pubs and sushi joints. I recommend Futogenki Sushi for AYCE and Shorty's for pub grub. Shorty's gives 10% off if you're staying at the Best Western.

Room Tip: Book early, because apparently something is always happening (hard to believe eh?). Book online as w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank teamaaron
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear Aaron
Thank you for posting your comments opn Trip Advisor.We do our best to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We are constantly upgrading our hotel to meet the needs of our guests.
We are pleased that we met all your needs and do hope to continue to have this relationship with you.If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 519-371-9200.
Again, Thanks for taking the time and have a great day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Owen Sound
35.1 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Southampton

Been to Best Western Inn On The Bay? Share your experiences!