“Favourite Indian food in Newmarket”
Review of India Time

India Time
Ranked #122 of 300 Restaurants in Newmarket
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I have ordered take out food from India Time for many years and always enjoyed it! The owner is very friendly and always remembers me. I order the Butter Chicken, Lamb Bryani, and Naan...all flavourful and delicious!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

For many years we lamented the lack of any Indian food in Newmarket, Ontario. Finally, this lovely, quaint little restaurant opened up to treat us to the exotic tastes and textures of Indian cuisine. The food is delicious, and, as best as I can tell, quite authentic. While the food is a bit on the spicy side for me, I've learned that as long as you have a good plate of yogurt, sour cream, or raita (Indian yogurt and cucumber condiment), then you can eat all the spice you want. The restaurant is small, but lovely: the atmosphere is warm and inviting, and the service is friendly and attentive. I feel very fortunate to have this wonderful restaurant in our town, and I would highly recommend India Time to anyone who enjoys Indian food.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Came home from the cottage and looking forward to s tastes dinner. Everything tasted the same salty!!! No spice, no nuance, just salty. So disappointed.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

If you eat a lot of Indian then you will find the food here OK. The hot chicken vindaloo is mild and the lamb korma was just OK. The naan bread was commercial and not very good by real naan standards. This used to be a sit down restaurant but from the looks of it, is now take out only. The tables are all pushed to the walls with the chairs stacked on top. They take cash only.
The owner/chef was the only one there on a Friday night when we got our food, which took longer than he estimated on the phone.
Prices are reasonable for the quantity.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

Their tandoori chicken was great. fresh food with a smile. The staff most friendly and helpful. Delicious spicy food.