All reviews the breakfast area room was clean hot and cold items two queen beds would stay here again breakfast was included central location front desk staff nice stay blue mountain resort scenic caves wasaga beach jacuzzi tub min drive stayed one night indoor pool mini fridge
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Came down to the front desk after receiving my bill and had to say “Hello” as no one came to see me . A very grumpy man poked his head out from the offices and replied with “Yes?” I told him that there was a discrepancy with my bill , that the amount they said they charged me 129.95 was actually charged on my credit card as 149.44 . I proceeded to pull out my phone and show him where it said I was charged 149.44 and he looked right at me and said “I don’t care what your phone says , my computer tells me that we only charged you 129.95 . You can come back in the morning where someone else can help you “ and literally walked away from me .

Yes I had a couple of drinks , but that doesn’t give anyone the excuse to dismiss my concerns . It was rude and I don’t think that the hotel pays someone to sit in the office and watch movies on thier personal laptop . But who knows , I just have a different perception of customer service I guess , it put a bad enough taste in my mouth that we will stay somewhere else on our next trip through town .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShayBart
Sharif K, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for the short fall in our service. Your satisfaction is very most important to us. Responding and resolving guest issues and their satisfaction is a top of our priority. I will take this issue very seriously and to make sure this will not happens again. I’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience. Please also contact us at sales. collingwood@gmail.com so we can obtain additional detail regarding this issue.

Comfort Inn & Suites
705 444 2144

Reviewed 12 March 2018

IBooked two nights at this hotel over March break so I believe I paid a more than their standard price. In fact, I paid 50% more than the current advertised rate. This was one of the last hotels we could find with a vacancy so we thought we'd give it a go.

Firstly, let me start with some positives; the room was clean enough, there was free WIFI, free parking, and free breakfast. The breakfast was better than I had expected. And the price, was not bad.

Now for the negatives....the hallways stink. I don't know what it is, but there is some very powerful industrial cleanser that is used and it is so strong that it gave my spouse a headache. My daughter plugged her nose every time we left the room.

The heating system is very loud and not very efficient. It is either very hot, or very cold. There's no in between. There was no bathtub which was not great when traveling with a kid...also, would have liked to have a tub after a day of skiing. Also, the fan in the bathroom did not work.

There room is very basic. There is no safe, fridge, etc.. and the walls are incredibly thin. You can hear everything and everyone. In fact, they have signs posted in the hallways asking patrons to keep the noise down after 11pm. I trust this is since there is little insulation in the actual rooms.

Would I go back? Heck, if I was only paying $98 / night I would. But at $150/night I'm not sure!

1  Thank DougA373
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Treated my husband to a getaway for his birthday. The Comfort Inn was located 10 minutes from the locale we planned to visit. Room was very spacious, clean, comfortable beds plus a fridge and micro..I like to keep my wine chilled!! Staff very friendly and helpful. The indoor pool was a bonus after a lengthy drive. The breakfast was very good with a plentiful selection.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Sharif K, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed the hospitality provided by our team that you count on us for comfortable and clean room. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We stayed here overnight to attend the OFSAA snowboard festival at Georgian Peaks. Very conveniently located. Rooms are clean and modern and very roomy! I had to print some pages for business and the business centre in the front lobby did the trick. The breakfast included was great! they had bacon! We would definitely go here again for a simple overnight stay! You can't beat the pricing!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Sharif K, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites, in Collingwood. I am glad to know you can count on us for a clean and comfortable stay and hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Some words that describe the experience: simple, basic, average, clean, friendly. Nothing exceptional, but to be fair nothing really negative either. Overall this place is fine for a short stay. I'd consider it again for a budget room. Rooms are not large and fairly plain, but ours did have a nice new shower very clean and large. No minibar, fridge or microwave. Usual small one-cup coffeemaker for the morning is provided. Fitness centre looked pretty good, and there's a pool (we didn't use either for our short stay). Located on a busy intersection near a couple of malls, so lots of fast food around. A plus is the included breakfast - I love an included breakfast! Again, much like many other places it's a serve yourself buffet and again adequate, not excellent, but certainly not bad. Except for the weak coffee (ugh). Staff is friendly, always a major plus. Fairly busy place. I'd stay here again but to be honest that's also because hotels at blue mountain are two or three times the price of this place. We've stayed several times at the Blue Mountain resort hotels and while it's a nice experience it's pricey. This place will save you some money and it's close to the hills.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Sharif K, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. We look forward to welcoming you back on future visits to our hotel.