“Very mediocre Italian style food”
Review of East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's
Ranked #63 of 96 Restaurants in Cobourg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hey Budda Boom Budda Bing! We are the Home of All-You-Can-Eat soup or salad and garlic home loaf and offer delicious Italian meals at great value. At East Side Mario’s your family is our family and we are committed to deliver Amore in everything we do!
Reviewed 4 July 2017

OK - it's a chain eatery so I guess expectations shouldn't be high... The noodles were stuck together, the breaded mushrooms burned, the fettuccine alfredo sauce had almost disappeared so we basically got dry pasta.... The waitress was polite and attentive and that helped to save this experience from disaster. Nevertheless there were only two servers in the restaurant so had there been more guests than just a couple of tables they would have been in trouble. The ambience is satisfactory and everything did seem clean. 10% discount for CAA members. Don't expect to be overly impressed and your experience might be quite alright.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We were seated quickly. The restaurant was not busy yet we waited at least 15 minutes and no one came to even take a drink order. After complaining to the hostess, we left and are now enjoying our meal at a different restaurant

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I am giving this just one star rating; because I had ordered the all you can eat soup, salad and bread sticks. I only got one of each. Usually, when I order this I get the bread sticks ASAP. Now, I got them after 10-15 minutes of waiting. I did have to ask for the bread sticks, the server just said yes. Then used the excuse that they was more in the oven. I did notice that other people had their bread sticks. The one she brought me was not hot; it was warm. The soup was on the luke warm side. I thought Italian wedding soup was served hot.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

We stopped in here for dinner on a Tuesday night and sat at the bar. Our drinks arrived relatively quickly but that was about it.
It took forever for our waitress to order our food. I began to think that they were out back picking the salad from the ground or waiting for it to grow. Normally you would get a small loaf of bread to go with the salad and I was wondering if maybe they had discontinued the bread completely.
After the salad came the food it was okay, I have had better from an East Side location. Once the food arrived the bread showed up.
Was looking forward to a good meal that was certainly not the case here. Don't think I will be back to this location again, I will keep driving on the highway to the next big town / city for hopefully better service and food

Reviewed 25 January 2017

It was a kid free night. We sat at the bar until a table became available in the bar area. Our waitress Judy was wonderful great suggestions. Food was delicious and hot when served.