“Wonderful bakery and lunch bar”
Review of Maple City Bakery

Maple City Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Chatham
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Maple City has wonderful breads, pies and many desserts. They also have a lunch bar with sandwiches and soups. They are most famous for their personalized birthday cakes.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Place is kind of confused, when You walkin it is hard to tell if you should sit at a table or walkup to the counter to make your purchases of desserts/pastry. We stood in line and made our purchases . Then we were told to be seated and our food was brought to a table we selected. It is not your standard donut shop and they have a large selection unfortunately neither my Wife nor I picked out their best work. A kind review would be average in regard to quality. Staff was pleasant and the place was busy so they must be doing something we missed.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I frequent this establishment for lunch. They have fresh sandwiches made to order. They also have soups or a chili made fresh daily as well. A great place for lunch. The old style lunch counter keeps the old fashioned charm in tact.
A must try.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Their "teardrop" donuts are my favourite donuts in the universe. Seriously good. I have spent a lot of time thinking about why the teardrops are so good (LOL), and I think it's mainly the whipped cream, which is not overly sweet (a pitfall of many donuts!) and tastes very "real" (not chemically and gross). The meringue they put on their lemon meringue pie is equally fabulous. Also amazing - the cream puffs. They taste similar to the tear drops, but are bite-sized with a bit of chocolate on top.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The dinner rolls are so fresh and tasty. When I have ordered a cake from there it is decorated to my specification and so moist and tasty. The cinnamon twists are to die for. So good.