“First and Last time !!!”
Review of Kabob Hutt

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kabob Hutt
Ranked #70 of 139 Restaurants in Chatham
Reviewed 22 December 2016

I will start out by saying that we moved here from the GTA 4 years ago. I love my curry. I was raised on it 6 days a week. I will also be honest and state that the girl I spoke with yesterday, when I dropped in for a takeout menu, was very helpful and honest. Honest enough to tell me that compared to Brampton this is "Canadian Indian food". I needed a curry fix today and decided to try them out. I will not be back. The service was poor and slow and their food handling procedures need to be addressed either by management or by Chatham Public Health. The Butter Chicken was sweet ... and not in a good way. I got the impression I was eating sweet fruit, not Butter Chicken which I am used to having a rich, spicy curry flavour.

If you have never had Indian food before then you may enjoy it since you don't have anything to compare it to. I do and therefore will not return.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Went on a Saturday, we all ended up getting the chicken kabobs, which in hind site may have been an error. Kabobs are I guess deep fried curried chicken, which taste like a corn dog filled with curried chicken. I wasn't a huge fan. The schwarma's looked much better. But I guess now I know what a kabob is. It's a family run restaurant so it's worth a try.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

This was my first order from Kebab Hut and I will definitely order from here again. My order consisted of samosas, aloo tiki, Butter Chicken Delight - which included naan and two chicken kebabs and rice pudding. Enjoyed all of the items I ordered, but the samosas were just awesome and had just the right level of heat to them. I could have eaten them as my whole meal!
The butter chicken had a slightly sweeter sauce than I am used to, but it was still very good. The garlic naan was delicious and the rice pudding was a great dessert - not too sweet.
I used their website online ordering from Just Eat and was satisfied with the process. They do have some seating inside the restaurant as well if you want to eat in. Positive first experience.

1  Thank Rebecca L
Reviewed 15 August 2016

We ordered gulab jamun in sweets, those were served cold and had very bad after taste. Looked like they made with same old oil they used for frying something else.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Food was alright. Service took forever because they couldn't get the order right and all that was ordered was a Shwarma and a kabob. Shouldn't have to repeat my order 3 times and it definitely should not have taken 20 mins to get the food.