“A little gem in a small town!”
Review of Rural Roots Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rural Roots Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Friendly, cafe and bakery serving home made food and baked goods including gluten-free. Outdoor patio, Muskoka Roastery Rainforest Alliance coffee and Metropolitan Teas. Vegan and vegetarian options.
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Awesome food!! Gluten free choices, very friendly, knowledgable staff...mushroom veggie burger was delicious!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My family has had a cottage in the Bancroft area for almost 35 years- I spent my childhood summers there and I know the town fairly well. Last week, I was up visiting friends and I decided to spend a day in town by myself and I needed a real coffee. I decided to give Rural Roots a shot. I can not believe that I had passed this place up so many times in previous years.....what a mistake.
The coffee was spectacular (and I love my coffee) and the food they were putting out looked fantastic. The place was busy with seated diners and take out orders. The freezer in the front had gluten free items and frozen soups- super convenient and the interior was wall to wall local artistry- beautiful. I was especially fond of the window hangers. The patio is large enough yet still intimate and well shaded. I was so relieved to discover that Bancroft had emerged from it's seemingly back woods cocoon and stepped into today. I went back the next day for another cup of coffee and I will most certainly be back in the future- hoping this is a sign of the times for the town. Looking forward to my next visit!

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Very good food, friendly staff. Excellend varied menu, soups are fantastic. Freezer at front with soup to go. Nice outdoor patio.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Great people. Great food. Great coffee. Reasonable prices!!! Will be bak. Again and again. Cozy atmosphere. Central location

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Rural Routes has a delicious menu including baked goods, lunch, pizzas, coffees, lattes, espresso, tea, and much more. Healthy options are popular for with vegetarian & gluten free menu items on the menu. The staff are friendly and efficient - always have a smile on their faces.
My favourite menu items: Homemade bagels (delish!), gluten free granola, breakfast blend coffee, turkey/cheese sandwich, and their quiche is always a delight. Try their specials - they won't disappoint!