“New Owners”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Rural Roots Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Friendly, cafe and bakery serving home made food and baked goods including gluten-free. Outdoor patio, Muskoka Roastery Rainforest Alliance coffee and Metropolitan Teas. Vegan and vegetarian options.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The prices are way too expensive. I like the location, next to the Bancroft Art Gallery. I wish they serves Muskoka Brewery coffee.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Sorry but this place closed at the end on December 2013. Too bad because it was amazing! It was where many of us met and connected on a regular bases. It will be sorely missed with all of its organic coffee, gluten free products, and homemade food.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I am a tough customer who knows healthy cuisine. As an ex vegan, now vegetarian, who knows the meaning of nutrition,Rural Roots is pretty much the only restrauant my husband and I patronize in Bancroft when we are hungry.
The owner, who I only know as Sherry runs a tight ship and stands behind her delectable fare. Each and every visit has been very positive because I leave knowing we have consumed quality food. Five Stars!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Unfortunately I discovered that there aren't too many healthy-food choice establishments in Bancroft, so I was really looking forward to checking out this cafe. The food was decent but nothing extraordinary. The ingredients were fresh but the portions were skimpy. My partner ordered a soup and sandwich and was still hungry after. I had a burrito and a salad and same - meagre portions. And neither of us are big eaters.

The prices seemed pretty steep considering the small portions. Not the worst experience but I wouldn't suggest it if you're feeling pretty hungry. We bought some cookies and they were great.

I'd stick with the cookies and lunch elsewhere.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Awesome food!! Gluten free choices, very friendly, knowledgable staff...mushroom veggie burger was delicious!