“burnt pizza”

Sauced Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #60 of 105 Restaurants in Truro
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Description: Our wood-fired pizza are thin-crust, Neopolitan style, with dough made daily in house, topped with the highest quality ingredients and baked in our wood-fired oven. Hand-crafted cocktails and local Salty Dog Brewing Company and guest taps.
Reviewed 7 November 2017

three of my friends and I were in for supper last night. our server was great, but when we received our pizza it was burnt all around the outside of the crust. when we mentioned to our server, she said she would tell the chef, she came back and told us that it was cooked in a wood fire and sometimes it gets to close to the fire, well I could see it was cooked in a wood fire as I was sitting looking at it, my point to this review is that if you take out any food that is burnt shouldn't you ask the customer if its to burnt or maybe just make another one. probably wont be back. the first time was delicious

Reviewed 6 November 2017

It is a lovely atmosphere, the Salty Dog brews were delicious. However, my husband ordered the calizone, and he doesn't say much if a meal isn't great, and he probably wouldn't have told me if I hadn't asked. But the calizone was cold in the middle, and the banana peppers we asked to be added were even colder then the rest. Which would lead us to believe the calizone wasn't made fresh and the banana peppers were added after it was cooked and cut in half? He also mentioned the pizza sauce tasted like canned sauce. So needless to say, a man who could eat 2 or more calizones, only ate half and settled for more beer. I had the Pesto chicken pizza, which was okay, I would recommend not going so overboard with the balsamic reduction, it overpowers everything and makes it so sweet. You actually couldn't taste the pesto...The garlic fingers however, were great! So if anything, we will be back for the GF and beer.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I recently had lunch here. Service was excellent. We shared two pizzas - the chicken/goat cheese specialty pizza and the Greek pizza. Both were delicious with very fresh ingredients. Definitely will go back. Recommended.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Pizza was great, really good selection and my husband loved the calzone. But please get chilli oil!
Staff were very attentive and the interior design is spot on.
Thanks!

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went here this evening. Went over to the bar to have a seat while we were waiting for a table. Plenty of workers all around us and no one offered us a drink or greeted us after waiting for 10 minutes. Finally decided to leave. Would not recommend! Terrible customer service! We weren't asking for much but it would've been nice to be acknowledged and spoken to even a polite hello but there was nothing as five employees walked all around us and not one made eye contact or spoke a word even though we were in plain sight standing at the bar. Wouldn't recommend. Very disappointed.

3  Thank Angela R