“Locals and tourists alike Love this place, you'll see why”

Bread and Honey Food Co
Ranked #1 of 108 Restaurants in Parksville
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: We wanted a comfortable place for our community and families to dine. Five days a week we offer breakfast and lunch featuring brunch items Saturday & Sunday. Located on Harrison Avenue in Parksville, our menus feature local, sustainable, and seasonal Pacific Northwest ingredients. We are lucky enough to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the world and we want to celebrate it!
Reviewed 11 January 2018

First I must tell you that I did a review in 2014 that was written when there were DIFFERENT OWNERS -- bad experience bad food. THAT NO LONGER APPLIES.

Since 2016 there are new owners and they know what they are doing!! This place is fantastic if you appreciate food that is made from local ingredients, nearly all is made in-house ( besides all the delicious dishes they also make their own ketchup, hash browns, potato chips), and everything tastes so darn good. Their food is creative and full of flavour.

We have become regulars so please IGNORE that 2014 review. I have two favourites here, though I must admit there really isn't anything on the menu I don't like. But my personal favourites are:
-- marinated tomato eggs benedict (the flavours burst under their amazing homemade hollandaise). If you like something just a tad different but is bursting with flavour, give this one a try.
-- chicken sandwich. This is no ordinary chicken sandwich. The local chicken is a full chicken breast cooked til still juicy inside a crunchy crust. Served in a fresh bun with their own ranch style sauce, some veg, and with some of his homemade spiced potato chips. This one is filling so enjoy!

So those are just my top faves. You'll also love their daily homemade soups and the light breakfast sandwiches that fill you with flavour and not grease.

The staff are all friendly and the only but is that it's always busy. So that means, expect to stand in line at peak meal times especially in summer (or phone in advance for a reservation).

I wish I could delete that bad review from 2014 because anyone who doesn't look at the date and realize this was written when the PREVIOUS owners had the place, you could be missing out on one of the absolute best places to eat in Parksville.

It's no wonder they were a finalist for the 2016 Business Awards Entrepreneur of the year AND finalist for the 2017 Business Awards Customer Service of the year, among a couple other awards.

Don't give it a second thought -- just go.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We enjoy getting take out and heading down to the beach. The restaurant is quite small, but take out is a good option. Love the spicy tuna sandwich.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

The location suggests that you are in for a mediocre meal at best. But the food is stunning! Very creative and delicious. It's busy for good reason.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Handy lunch counter, busy with locals and prompt efficient service. Although not an extensive menu there was something for everyone and the hearty sandwiches and soups were very good. Enjoyed it on our way to Tofino and thought we would stop again on our way back but missed their opening hours.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We had the buttermilk chicken sandwich and it was simply amazing. The soups were both amazing. All homemade and very fresh. My only complaint is that the restroom had no change table. I was able to use a bench out front but feel rude changing bums where people eat. As a new Mom I felt very comfortable breastfeeding here which was great.