“diverse menu, some great staff”
Review of Mekong River

Mekong River
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Parksville
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2017

We made a reservation (a must for a group of 6). A warm greeting and our table was ready. We each ordered different mains. Mine was the Spicy Chicken Stir-fry, which I recommend. Fresh broccoli, lots of chicken and nicely spiced. Others in our group had pork & beef dishes. The portions were generous and the service excellent. In particular, I highly recommend our server (Kelsey) who was very attentive and a pleasure to deal with. Mekong River is a bit of a food oasis in Parksville and I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Antonio8069

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here for dinner, got in just after 8 on a windy wet night.

We started with the spring rolls then shared the caramel chicken and the giant Vietnamese crepe, banh xeo, with chicken and shrimp and stuffed with bean sprouts. Everything was delicious and filling with clean flavour and, as far as I could tell, no msg.

The server could tell we were scarfing faster when it got to 8:45, the staff were starting in on their dinner and we were the only clientele left but insisted we slow down and enjoy our meal.

We got some extra rice and there was more than enough leftovers from the caramel chicken for our dinner the second night.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

The Mekong River is definitely our favourite restaurant in Parksville. We visit there once or twice a year when we are in the area. The owner always remembers us and welcomes us. It is always a very pleasant experience. We ate at the Mekong River a few days ago - we were three for lunch. To start, we shared the large Vietnamese spring roll. It was our first time trying this, and it was very tasty with the light dipping sauce. We then shared the crispy beef Cantonese chow mein and the prawn curry. The Cantonese chow mein has become one of our favourite dishes and it was very tasty with the beef. My wife loves the prawn curry, so we often order it, as well. The dishes are very generous. So, the delicious food combined with a pleasant chat with the owner make for a very nice lunch. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Having recently moved to the area from the lower mainland, we were craving some Vietmanse food. Mekong River hit the spot. Food was a little on the high side $-wise but was very tasty. The staff were attentive and very friendly. The Hot and Sour soup was the best we have ever had. Very flavourful - sour vinegar with a touch of pineapple. The vietmanese spring rolls were great. My husband tried the crispy CHow Mein with Chicken. It was a surprise with a crispy noodle bowl with a wealth of chicken and veggies poured ontop. He LOVED it and had enough to take home for lunch the next day. We will definately return.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Very very good food this is my favorite place in town for sure fresh and very flavorful dishes. Only downside would be the atmosphere it's really in need of update or general upkeep . If they did a little Reno I think it would be number one restaurant for many years to come