“Delicious gluten free”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2017

There are so many wonderful things on the menu that are gluten free; so nice to have choice for a change. Had the seafood crepe, and it was absolutely delicious! We were there for lunch but I think they've recently starting only opening for dinner.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Went there for lunch with friends. I have been there before and the food was good. We had spring rolls and won ton soup. The spring rolls were crisp and tasty, but the won ton was really disappointing. The broth was weak and tasteless, and the won tons were bland and gristly. There were very few vegetables. I did not finish it. The others agreed the soup was quite tasteless. The service was good, but I wont be going back when there are other places with far superior won ton soups...White Elephant is the best;Saigon Kitchen is next.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We made a reservation (a must for a group of 6). A warm greeting and our table was ready. We each ordered different mains. Mine was the Spicy Chicken Stir-fry, which I recommend. Fresh broccoli, lots of chicken and nicely spiced. Others in our group had pork & beef dishes. The portions were generous and the service excellent. In particular, I highly recommend our server (Kelsey) who was very attentive and a pleasure to deal with. Mekong River is a bit of a food oasis in Parksville and I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Antonio8069
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here for dinner, got in just after 8 on a windy wet night.

We started with the spring rolls then shared the caramel chicken and the giant Vietnamese crepe, banh xeo, with chicken and shrimp and stuffed with bean sprouts. Everything was delicious and filling with clean flavour and, as far as I could tell, no msg.

The server could tell we were scarfing faster when it got to 8:45, the staff were starting in on their dinner and we were the only clientele left but insisted we slow down and enjoy our meal.

We got some extra rice and there was more than enough leftovers from the caramel chicken for our dinner the second night.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

The Mekong River is definitely our favourite restaurant in Parksville. We visit there once or twice a year when we are in the area. The owner always remembers us and welcomes us. It is always a very pleasant experience. We ate at the Mekong River a few days ago - we were three for lunch. To start, we shared the large Vietnamese spring roll. It was our first time trying this, and it was very tasty with the light dipping sauce. We then shared the crispy beef Cantonese chow mein and the prawn curry. The Cantonese chow mein has become one of our favourite dishes and it was very tasty with the beef. My wife loves the prawn curry, so we often order it, as well. The dishes are very generous. So, the delicious food combined with a pleasant chat with the owner make for a very nice lunch. We will definitely return.