“Note the Moo and the berry and you wont be disappointed.”
Review of Mooberry Winery

Mooberry Winery
Ranked #12 of 32 things to do in Parksville
Reviewed 1 June 2017

First, the winery and farm are basically the same place so don't expect an estate winery. Think clean barns with a few chickens and dogs hanging out with a dairy and fields behind it. You get a farm with a wine and cheese tasting offered in a gift shop. I work in agriculture so for me, this was a nice little farm that polished up the place for the public. I wished my farm was that clean. If you haven't seen chickens, rabbits, and cows then this is a good stop for the parents and the kids (informative for kids). They have a little cafe for coffee. The cheese is really good and the fruit wines are really unique because they don't add grapes. We tried some samples and walked around for a bit, maybe an hour or so. I guess with kids it would take longer as it was just my wife and I. They had seating and tables so I assume you bring a small picnic or possibly enjoy their wine and cheese there. Add this before a stop to Coombs Country Market and you could make a nice half day excursion. Go and check it out, as long as you are not expecting an escape to Tuscany or details about the complexities of growing a pinot noir grape you will have a relaxing stop.

1  Thank russt66
"dairy"
"robot"
"sampling"

Reviewed 2 April 2017

We came through in February, so some of the buildings and trails were closed. Nevertheless, we enjoyed walking around the farm and looking at some of the animals. We finished the tour by tasting the cheese and wine in the farm store. The lady at the store was very friendly and gave us samples of all their wine and cheese. It was a ncie visit, but is probably a lot better in summer when it's busier.

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

We visited on a cool day. Enjoyed taste testing the cheeses and wine . Although I did realize the fruit wine is not my thing. Bought several cheeses and toured the farm. We had never heard or seen a robot milking machine and found that very interesting!

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

A farm tour, free cheese and wine tasting is all in this one location at Morningside Farm. Wines are berry based for the most part: blueberry, raspberry, gooseberry and blackberry. Good as dessert wines. Staff are friendly.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 September 2016

They have really done a good job of combining a number of attractions here. First there is the working dairy where you can see cows self-milk (yeah!), piglets, and other animals in their pens - all he barns are nicely laid out both for the comfort of the animals and the fun of watching them. Then, there is the little shop where you can pick up treats for a picnic on the grounds or to take home. We did a complimentary fruit wine tasting, sampled some cheese and left with an armful of goodies. Finally, the gardens and grounds are a pleasant way to spend some time. Great attraction no matter your age or interests!