“Not impressed 😢”

Louie's Steakhouse and Lounge
Ranked #21 of 104 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A distinctly metropolitan culinary experience, in historic Nelson's bustling downtown. Specializing in signature steaks, specialty pastas, rustic thin crust pizza, and FRESH seafood, Louie's Steakhouse offers the finest quality food, and exemplary service in an area of abundant comfort.Executive Chef Adam Duff has created a dining experience focusing on regional products, and in season ingredients. We off only the finest cuts of premium aged beef, along with a menu featuring a diverse selection of appetizers, entrees and accompaniments that is sure to tantalize the most refined of palates.Our liquid chefs have created an impeccable cast of martinis -- 28 in all, and an impressive selection of signaure cocktails. Our extensive wine list focuses on wines from the region, with a bit of international flair. Not to mention award-winning Nelson Brewing Company ales on tap, and fine premium spirits.
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to Louie's for dinner as a special dinner and unfortunately it wasn't up to the regular standards. I don't know if it is because they have a new chef or what but we will never go back again. This is unfortunate because this was our favourite Restaurant in Nelson. The staff there is wonderful but our steak was not. They either need to replace there chef or teach him/her to lay off the salt when cooking food. Until they replace their chef or retrain we will not return to Louie's . This makes me very sad

2  Thank Salmogirl
Rob_Little, General Manager at Louie's Steakhouse and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear Salmogirl,

To answer your comment… No we do not have a new Chef. We have the same Chef we've had for the past 4 years. I'm not sure where you got the impression that there was someone different in our kitchen. If we over seasoned your steak on this particular occasion, our apologies. I am surprised that we were your favourite place, but yet there are no reviews on here of positive experiences with us in the past. Just this one negative experience. None the less, we certainly hope you'll give us another shot, as I'm sure it was an honest mistake. Over and under seasoning is something that all restaurants try to get right, but even the best can miss the mark here from time to time. We certainly do not feel that anyone should lose their job due to this, however, we will bring it up with our entire kitchen team, as it is not just one person who is cooking your food. As is the case with most restaurants, there are at least 3 people involved in preparing your dinner at any moment. Feel free to reach out to me anytime should you wish to discuss it further.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Best chef in the Kootenays!!! Meals are fantastic and definitely something for everyone. If you want average fast food, look elsewhere. Something different, something decent....something special. Definitely recommend Louie's... dining at its best.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Fantastic NY peppercorn steaks with great malbec wine, great service (attentive, but not too attentive), our steaks exactly medium rare, a delightful meal, nice venue, easy place for conversation with my college friend of 50 years and ski friend if a dozen years, highly recommended.. go there!

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Outstanding service, I think her name was Ashley. excellent food, classy environment. Come here for breakfast. Get the Huevos!!!

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Went out for a birthday dinner the other night and I can not believe the service I received. First, I will start that I asked about the wine selection; considering they have no B.C. wines to serve, I brought in my own and asked about opening as I support local wineries. They replied by saying it would cost 35$ for a cork fee. Fine, so I decided not to have a glass with dinner. Then I ordered the Rib-eye, I asked medium rare on the rare side. I got beef jerky Instead. well-done steak at 35$ for a 12oz that looked barely like a 6oz. The steak was served without any sides even though it is not stated on the menu, there is, however, extras but I thought it would come with veggies at least. I mean a baked potato was 4$ extra. When I told the waitress about the steak she got grumpy. Like I was not trying to be rude or complain but I was not going to pay for a clearly well-done prime cut steak for that price. When she brought it back to the cooks and then came back to the table with it, I asked "do you agree it was overcooked", she replied, " Yeah, we're not blind!" I said It was still edible but I asked for half off the menu price because it was not to my liking. She got really snobby and asked the manager. She was against it but conceded to give half off. It was my Uncle's birthday and would not even give a free drink. The whole meal was 300$ for six people with my half priced steak. The steak had a really great taste but it was unfortunate they can not hire competent chefs or polite staff.

1  Thank cast1egarfoodie
Rob_Little, General Manager at Louie's Steakhouse and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Ummm, are you sure that you dined in our establishment? The reason that I ask, is that we have a HUGE by wine selection. Almost all of our wines are from BC, 6 of our our 7 reds by the glass are from BC, and 6 of our 7 whites are from BC that are by the glass. Also, on our bottle list we have 43 BC wines by the bottle. Secondly, our corkage fee is not $35, and there has been no $35 charge in our system for such. Secondly, I was not asked (I'm the manager) for a discount on a steak at any time this last week, as I would have paid for your steak, as we guarantee all of our steak temperatures. Not 50% off. Thirdly, It clearly states on our menu in capital letters that ALL STEAKS ARE A LA CARTE. So your comment about that our menu not stating that steaks do not come with anything is inaccurate, and finally we always offer a complimentary drink or dessert to anyone having a birthday. That is a house policy. So in reality it is hard to believe you were even here. Please feel free to call me anytime, as this review is very strange.