“Expensive”

Louie's Steakhouse and Lounge
Ranked #20 of 108 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A distinctly metropolitan culinary experience, in historic Nelson's bustling downtown. Specializing in signature steaks, specialty pastas, rustic thin crust pizza, and FRESH seafood, Louie's Steakhouse offers the finest quality food, and exemplary service in an area of abundant comfort.Executive Chef Adam Duff has created a dining experience focusing on regional products, and in season ingredients. We off only the finest cuts of premium aged beef, along with a menu featuring a diverse selection of appetizers, entrees and accompaniments that is sure to tantalize the most refined of palates.Our liquid chefs have created an impeccable cast of martinis -- 28 in all, and an impressive selection of signaure cocktails. Our extensive wine list focuses on wines from the region, with a bit of international flair. Not to mention award-winning Nelson Brewing Company ales on tap, and fine premium spirits.
Reviewed 20 April 2017

Great Service, Great food atmosphere is good when there are People dining, food is rather expensive but delicious.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

My husband and I recently returned to Louie’s after an incredibly disappointing experience a few months back prompting me to write a rather scathing review. Although I stand by that review at the time of writing it, I feel it would be remiss of me not to share my latest incredible experience at Louie’s.
Our dining experience this last go round was just that – a truly unforgettable experience from start to finish. The food was simply incredible and on point in every respect. We began our incredible dining experience with Pernod Prawns. They were huge and succulent and that sauce was so good, I wanted to drink it off that plate (perhaps a bigger slice of bread or two should be served with this heavenly cream sauce). Next up, both, husband and I ordered the Peppercorn New York. The steaks were cooked to perfection and each bite was tender and truly something to savour. The steaks were well seasoned and each bite you could taste the peppercorns. I love the fact that the GM listened to the critique in regards to steaks being served a la carte and I was glad to see that they went back to serving their steaks with a side of starch and a side of vegetables. The veggies were crisp, fresh and in season and complimented the steak perfectly.
Finally, we somehow managed to have just enough room to share a dessert and we ordered the Beignets which were warm and the pastry puffed up the way it is supposed to be and simply decadent with the sauce that accompanied them.
Bartender was as always impressive in delivering great tasting and eye pleasing cocktails but a must try is the Toblerone Martini. It’s hard to just have one of these decadent martinis.
Overall, Louie’s more than made up for their faux pas a couple of months earlier. The dinner experience this time around was beyond unbelievable. I urge anyone looking for a fine dining experience to go to Louie’s and those who may have been disappointed on a prior occasion, let them make it right because they deserve a second chance. Bravo. Can’t wait to go back again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

I had been told they had amazing mussels. The mussels were good. The portion size was excellent. The sauce the mussels were in was tasty, but perhaps a little heavy. A suggestion would be to serve toasted crusty French bread rather than focaccia bread. The Caesar salad was just ok. I liked the polenta croutons, however my friend did not. The wine list is great. It's nice to see lots of Okanagan selection. My martini was delicious. The decor was cozy yet modern. The server was very friendly and attentive, but spoke too loudly. All in all, it was a delightful experience and I'm sure I will be back.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to Louie's for dinner as a special dinner and unfortunately it wasn't up to the regular standards. I don't know if it is because they have a new chef or what but we will never go back again. This is unfortunate because this was our favourite Restaurant in Nelson. The staff there is wonderful but our steak was not. They either need to replace there chef or teach him/her to lay off the salt when cooking food. Until they replace their chef or retrain we will not return to Louie's . This makes me very sad

2  Thank Salmogirl
Rob_Little, General Manager at Louie's Steakhouse and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear Salmogirl,

To answer your comment… No we do not have a new Chef. We have the same Chef we've had for the past 4 years. I'm not sure where you got the impression that there was someone different in our kitchen. If we over seasoned your steak on this particular occasion, our apologies. I am surprised that we were your favourite place, but yet there are no reviews on here of positive experiences with us in the past. Just this one negative experience. None the less, we certainly hope you'll give us another shot, as I'm sure it was an honest mistake. Over and under seasoning is something that all restaurants try to get right, but even the best can miss the mark here from time to time. We certainly do not feel that anyone should lose their job due to this, however, we will bring it up with our entire kitchen team, as it is not just one person who is cooking your food. As is the case with most restaurants, there are at least 3 people involved in preparing your dinner at any moment. Feel free to reach out to me anytime should you wish to discuss it further.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Best chef in the Kootenays!!! Meals are fantastic and definitely something for everyone. If you want average fast food, look elsewhere. Something different, something decent....something special. Definitely recommend Louie's... dining at its best.