Travelodge By Wyndham Golden Sportsman Lodge
US$204
Home Lodge(Golden)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstravel lodgecharging stationhot tubeasy access to the highwayfire pitpool areakids loved the poolthe main highwaycomfortable bedboiled eggsgreat stopvisit goldengreat place to staysmall fridgewould stay here againmountain viewski trip
Reviewed 7 September 2017

When I booked this room I didn't realize it was between highway 1 and the tracks. I thought it was in downtown Golden but it didn't matter as the room was very quiet. I didn't hear the trucks or trains at all. The room was clean, had a fridge, microwave, coffee pot & plenty of toiletries. Breakfast was the usual waffles, yogurt, toast, eggs, juice, cereal....I think staying on top of wiping down tables & cleaning up after the messy guests would be a bonus. My big complaint is the fee for my dog. I don't get why establishments continue to have this ridiculous charge, other than it's a money grab. She is clean and well behaved, certainly quieter than most children. There cannot be any extra cleaning after we leave. I didn't use the pool or hot tub. Overall I would stay here again, not sure puppy will though.

Room Tip: There are no view rooms. If you're traveling with a lot of luggage get a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Manager46704, Manager at Travelodge By Wyndham Golden Sportsman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback Patricia, we appreciate your comments. One of the reasons we charge an additional fee for your pet is the additional washing of carpets in these rooms and the length of time it takes the housekeeping staff to ensure that the room is cleaned thoroughly. This is not just for the sake of other guests, but for yours and your pets health too. While your pet may not shed much and you take proper precautions in his grooming, the pet before may have had communicable critters such as fleas hitchhiking on their fur. We are not selective to whom this fee applies, as we complete due diligence with every furry guest that stays with us. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns, we are happy to have hosted you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
LesleyGolden, Manager at Travelodge By Wyndham Golden Sportsman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel was an ok place to stay. Check in was quick and friendly. Room was clean and spacious. Continental breakfast was fine. There are reataurants near by to eat at. Too bad the location is right on the Trans-Canada and not in the charming downtown area.

Price was too high for the room.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Manager46704, Front Office Manager at Travelodge By Wyndham Golden Sportsman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback Deanna, we appreciate your comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again in the off-season when prices are a little more economical. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Arrived late in Golden after a long days drive, heading west. We were glad to find somewhere to spend the night. We were on the 2nd floor, so no big problem to lug bags up the stairs. The room was clean and quiet, just what I wanted.
Breakfast was breads, roll your own waffles, cereal, boiled eggs. The coffee was good, what more can I say!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
LesleyGolden, Manager at Travelodge By Wyndham Golden Sportsman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. Please come again!

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Travelodge as we were passing through for one night. Service was fine. Pool was good with a big water slide! Hot tub jets were very weak and the temperature of the hot tub was colder than my bathtub. Overall it was very clean! Downside is that we were on the top level no elevator so had to carry all of our items up two flights of stairs, shared patio and could not get adjoining rooms for our family. The breakfast buffet was mediocre with not a lot of selection. Overall I'd say this Hotel was pretty average.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Manager46704, Front Office Manager at Travelodge By Wyndham Golden Sportsman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback Danielle, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are making some improvements to our hot tub and pool area after summer, and we are excited to get those in motion soon. We do not offer adjoining rooms, and I apologize that we were not able to get your rooms closer together. During peak season we are usually fully booked every night, so I would advise that you plan ahead and make a reservation next time should you have any special requests. We have also made some recent additions to our free breakfast, including scrambled eggs and additional breakfast pastries, so we apologize that this was overlooked during your stay. Thanks again for sharing your comments, we hope to see you again.