Travelodge Golden Sportsman Lodge
US$124
getaroom.com
Home Lodge(Golden)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanhot tuboff the highwayboiled eggskids loved the poolfire pitvisit goldengreat place to staycomplimentary breakfastwould stay here againmountain viewfresh fruitteslawatersidesaunacerealbc
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Stayed here for a night while on our journey through the mountains. Most of Golden was sold out. This would not have been my first choice. I was pleasantly surprised. The beds were clean and comfortable. The washrooms were clean.
The carpets in the room was terrible. There was stains all over the carpet.
It looks like they have tried to make some up grades. Well carpet needs it badly.
The breakfast was OK but not great.
Quiet place
They have a pool and hot tub that we did not use.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Manager46704, Manager at Travelodge Golden Sportsman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us Jackie. We will look into the issues you have mentioned and address this with our housekeeping department. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your input, and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Was the worst accommodation by far on our recent trip around the west of Canada....breakfast was disgusting and the sheets were dirty. Spoilt an otherwise great experience of Canada.The Inns of Banff was a great location as was the Tonquin Inn at Jasper.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Manager46704, Manager at Travelodge Golden Sportsman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

We appreciate your feedback Mick, and we apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. We strive to provide our guests with positive experiences and seek to rectify issues and complains as soon as they arise, which is why I am surprised of not hearing of this any issues previously. I am not sure with whom you booked your tour through, but I assure you that we work closely with our tour companies to ensure guest satisfaction on all levels. Please accept my apology that you felt we were not approachable enough to address your concerns directly with us, we hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip through Canada.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

The hotel was about 1500 mtrs from the town itself ,the views of the mountains was spectaculer. We had a room on the ground floor,clean and tidy and coffee maker supplied.The bed was very comfortable The staff were not very helpful,we enquired about somewhere for eating and got the runaround,we finally found a diner and a chinese restaurant on the main highway.Breakfast in the morning was pandemonium,seating for 20 guests and 40 turned up for breakfast,when we finally got a seat, breakfast was quite enjoyable.Overall,the hotel was passable for a 3 star.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a view from the back.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Manager46704, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Golden Sportsman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback Johnston47, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to apologize that our staff were not able to assist you with recommendations for dining. I would also like to point out that we are located directly within the Town Of Golden, but like many places, we have more then just 1 central hub. Thank you again for your feedback, we value your comments and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

For once, we were able to get the room temperature to a cool enough limit to sleep comfortably. Beds were comfy, clean room, decent breakfast. There are dozens of restaurants nearby so you can walk or drive. Very convenient and easy to find.

Room Tip: A bit pricey but then you are in the Rockies. At least they didn't try to rip us off, like in Banff.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
LesleyGolden, Manager at Travelodge Golden Sportsman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come again!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

When I booked this room I didn't realize it was between highway 1 and the tracks. I thought it was in downtown Golden but it didn't matter as the room was very quiet. I didn't hear the trucks or trains at all. The room was clean, had a fridge, microwave, coffee pot & plenty of toiletries. Breakfast was the usual waffles, yogurt, toast, eggs, juice, cereal....I think staying on top of wiping down tables & cleaning up after the messy guests would be a bonus. My big complaint is the fee for my dog. I don't get why establishments continue to have this ridiculous charge, other than it's a money grab. She is clean and well behaved, certainly quieter than most children. There cannot be any extra cleaning after we leave. I didn't use the pool or hot tub. Overall I would stay here again, not sure puppy will though.

Room Tip: There are no view rooms. If you're traveling with a lot of luggage get a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Manager46704, Manager at Travelodge Golden Sportsman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback Patricia, we appreciate your comments. One of the reasons we charge an additional fee for your pet is the additional washing of carpets in these rooms and the length of time it takes the housekeeping staff to ensure that the room is cleaned thoroughly. This is not just for the sake of other guests, but for yours and your pets health too. While your pet may not shed much and you take proper precautions in his grooming, the pet before may have had communicable critters such as fleas hitchhiking on their fur. We are not selective to whom this fee applies, as we complete due diligence with every furry guest that stays with us. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns, we are happy to have hosted you and hope to see you again soon.