Palliser Lodge - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Rondo Motel(Golden)
US$106
US$81
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

Home Lodge(Golden)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsunderground parkingone bedroom suitehot tubnice bedroomski hillcoming back next yearhigher floorearly seasongondola ridefull kitchenflat screenkicking horse ski resortski tripwould stay againbalconyskiinglodge
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Family visit for a ski race. Lots of underground parking, fast checkin, ski in and ski out. Elevator is not the fastest. No place for snack purchases so thats a negative. Deep snow and access make up for that. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Lower floors to avoid waiting for elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Brandy B, General Manager at Palliser Lodge - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Hello Jay C,

Thank you for your review of Palliser Lodge.

It is wonderful to hear you had a good stay at Palliser and enjoyed the ski in and out access. The owners of Palliser Lodge purchased new beds just this past fall so its great to hear you enjoyed the new upgrade as well.

If there is anything further you wish to mention please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

No reception ever! You have to check in at the main lodge. One elevator only, limited parking, house keeping every three nights but they only give you two towels. No table for king bedroom, just a wardrobe, two night stand and a bed. One single couch. Asked for a toaster was reception told it was included and it ran like burning plastic. Fridge need defrosting. No first aid kit on site or at least I cannot find one.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Brandy B, General Manager at Palliser Lodge - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Good Day Alan C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Palliser Lodge.

I regret that your room did not meet your needs during your stay. We do have many different types of rooms, including larger one bedroom suites that give you a full kitchen, living area and a separate bedroom. We currently do not supply first aid kits in the suites however we have first aid items available from Guest Services.

Thank you for bringing the toaster and fridge to my attention. I will be sure that maintenance takes care of those items and apologize for the inconvenience experienced with them during your stay.

Guest Services is run from our central location at Glacier Lodge however we do have reception at Palliser on weekends and during peak times during the week from 2pm-10pm.

If you wish to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Clean comfortable apartment. Not great directions as you have to check in at the main residence in the village, which wasn't clearly marked. Not the warmest welcome I've had in Canada.
The apartment was spacious & well equipped, 2 bedrooms but only one bathroom.
Hot tub was good, but deck was slippery. I felt the apartment lacked refinement, but I'm used to embarc resorts, so maybe I'm just a bit spoilt. It's not quite ski in & out, but far from main village just 5 mins walk, though we took the car to the car park, as it was early season so no issue.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Stopped off here overnight between driving from Kelowna to Lake Louise. Whilst a short trip out of the town of Golden (about 12km) it's well worth the result room and facilities wise when you arrive. Go visit Boo the bear up the ski lift, and plenty of hotel facilities in the resort area. Parking was underground for the ski season users.

OK, you have to check in at the resort first to get your key and passcode. Otherwise this is a great overnight or adventure area stop off.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This is NOT a resort, or even a hotel. It is a collection of individually owned and decorated units, poorly managed by property management company that does little to assure the units and surrounding features are in full working order. In our case, when we went out to check the hot tub, we not only found it empty, but also found a small sticker on the card reader to re enter the building labeled ' inoperable'. There is no pathway to the front of the building, so we had to trudge through a freshly mulched garden bed on a steep hill. When I put up a load of laundry that evening, the front loader displayed an error message that it couldn't drain. Front desk was of no use that night except for being very apologetic. Next morning, I visited the manager, who again apologized, could not offer me a different unit. She was able to reprioritize the lone maintenance guys work load to send him to our unit. My husband coached him through getting the water out with a shop vac. We we're finally able to spin the load to get the water out so I could dry the load with its soap residue. I could not use the washer for the rest of our stay, a real issue on an 8 week road trip! Manager offered me 2 free nights for a future stay, but since we live 3000 miles away, I didn't take it. I booked thru a 3rd party website, the one with the gnome, so she told me to call them and she'd work out a credit. I ended up with a 10% refi d, not nearly enough to compensate for the aggravation, inconvenience, and half a day touring time lost. Everyone kept saying sorry, but those are easy words to say! Put some token gesture behind them. Directions to a laundromat. A gift card for a couple drinks or coffee some place. I keep reading the management comments on all the reviews here. You'll likely get a free stay if you call, but who needs it. Rooms are nice, but noisy. Sound travels through the concrete structure, especially the fire doors slamming. The underground parking is a joke. The double parker's are allowed to use multiple spaces with no consequences. Our room had no view. We looked at a the top of a wall and hill very close to the back of the building. Stay at an Airbnb if you need an apt type unit. Owners are more responsive that a property management firm. Very disappointed with our stay. I left a note in the washer for the next guests. My bet is it won't be fixed when they show up!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple