“Good Pub Food”

Cuisines: Pub, Soups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

There was a group of nine of us looking for an outside dinner and we stumbled upon this place. The outside patio is on a raised trailer outside the restaraunt, was nice being above the traffic! The server was super friendly which was good because the first place we stopped at up the block not so much.. the guy here got all of our food and drink orders correct which was a pretty good feat considering the size of our group and we all had more than one round of drinks. The food was your normal pub food but it was pretty tasty. I had a buffalo chicken ceaser wrap, breaded chicken was still tender and there was a good amount of sauce. My only complaint would be the cost of the add on sides, paid $3.25 for yam fries which I thought was a bit steep.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Went here hoping for local beers, and were not disappointed. Good selection on tap and drink prices seemed good compared to other places in town. I was expecting standard pub fare, which they had, but there were a few neat things in the menu as well - we tried the "gangster wrap" (a wrap with a ton of different things in it... can't even remember them all!) and a really good take on a ginger beef bowl (it was exactly what I needed after too many days of french fries recently). Would go back next time we're in Golden.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stopped here for lunch and beer based on a recommendation from our rafting guide at Wild Water Adventures (also highly recommend) and were pleasantly surprised with the food. My sister had the chicken club, my fiance the butter chicken, and I had the ginger beef and each of us thought it was the best meal out of our trip to Canmore/Banff. They had a selection of local beers on draft which were decent. They also had a pool table that another family was using. This place has a different vibe than the touristy parts of Banff which was welcomed, wish I could have come back for beers later that night.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The Golden Taps is a great place to go for food or just drinks and fun. It has a good range of beers and other beverages.

The pub has a free pool table and the staff are friendly.

It can get pretty lively depending on the day and time of year.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Just had dinner in this bar. Friendly staff, good food, great music and a nice selection of beers. Worth a stop if you're spending a night in Golden.