“Best burger ever”

Cuisines: Pub, Soups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2017

When we stayed in Golden we had dinner in The Golden Taps twice. This place sells the best burger I've ever had. Perfectly cooked with delecious fries or yams. Highly recommend it if you are in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We had lunch at The Golden Taps today, Sept. 8th, 2017. It was getting late in the afternoon so my husband and I decided to share The Loaded Canadian burger. It was a little slow coming but once we got it the food was excellent. The burger was flame grilled and topped with a deep fried pickle (which I was dubious about but it was very tasty). They had separated our burger onto 2 plates complete with fries and deep fried pickles for both of us. There appeared to be only one waitress on (Tracy) and I believe she was doing the bar tending as well. It was moderately busy but she seemed to have everything under control. It was an enjoyable meal and we will definitely be back!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

There was a group of nine of us looking for an outside dinner and we stumbled upon this place. The outside patio is on a raised trailer outside the restaraunt, was nice being above the traffic! The server was super friendly which was good because the first place we stopped at up the block not so much.. the guy here got all of our food and drink orders correct which was a pretty good feat considering the size of our group and we all had more than one round of drinks. The food was your normal pub food but it was pretty tasty. I had a buffalo chicken ceaser wrap, breaded chicken was still tender and there was a good amount of sauce. My only complaint would be the cost of the add on sides, paid $3.25 for yam fries which I thought was a bit steep.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Went here hoping for local beers, and were not disappointed. Good selection on tap and drink prices seemed good compared to other places in town. I was expecting standard pub fare, which they had, but there were a few neat things in the menu as well - we tried the "gangster wrap" (a wrap with a ton of different things in it... can't even remember them all!) and a really good take on a ginger beef bowl (it was exactly what I needed after too many days of french fries recently). Would go back next time we're in Golden.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stopped here for lunch and beer based on a recommendation from our rafting guide at Wild Water Adventures (also highly recommend) and were pleasantly surprised with the food. My sister had the chicken club, my fiance the butter chicken, and I had the ginger beef and each of us thought it was the best meal out of our trip to Canmore/Banff. They had a selection of local beers on draft which were decent. They also had a pool table that another family was using. This place has a different vibe than the touristy parts of Banff which was welcomed, wish I could have come back for beers later that night.