“Great fresh sushi”

Price range: US$11 - US$23
Description: Luxury Japanese food at an affordable price
Description: Luxury Japanese food at an affordable price
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We found this place by chance. The interior is ok and the food really good and fresh. Great salmon! We also had a Korean dish, tasty. It's family owned, very friendly. We can absolutely recommend Sushi Jo.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Food was tasty, good portions and well priced. Thought the service was lacking. Took a long time to take order, had to ask for water, then brought bill when we were finished eating without asking if we'd like anything more. Will give it a second try tho

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We visited this incarnation of a multi-national chain for Sunday supper. When eating at a sushi place for the first time I always order chirashi: simple slices of fish on rice. My wife ordered a spicy combination, her make-or break dish. We had some tempura to open the proceedings. None of the three was remarkable. Combined they were substandard. The fish in the poorly-named spicy chirashi was minced, and had a mouth feel that was disconcerting, and there was no heat to be found. The tossed salad that was for some reason in the bowl with the clumped rice and the minced fish, startled me when in hit the table. A dish whose hallmark is elegant simplicity had been disfigured into something unrecognizable. My wife described her dish as flavourless. She scraped all her spicy tuna into my bowl saying I don't want any more of this. The tempura was undercooked and one of the shrimp broke in two when I picked up by the tail. Last straw: after I had been pushing the shredded vegetables out of the way looking for rice and fish for 10 minutes, the waitress asked if I had gotten the spicy sauce, which she had in her hand. As the only way I'd get it is if she were to bring it to me, I think she knew the answer to that question.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

We went to Sushi Jo hoping to get a quick meal before the theatre. Once we gave our order we waited and waited to be served, all the while watching take-out order after take-out order virtually flying out of the place. All the while the party on the other side of the partition between the table kept bumping loudly into the partition causing it to shake precariously back and forth which became as annoying as the long wait for food. Finally we spoke to our server and informed her we were running out of time to eat, and were brought some complimentary edamame and assured our meals were coming. After waiting a while longer we were brought a complimentary salad. The food, once it arrived, was very tasty and nicely presented but we had very little time to enjoy our meals. My advice is to go early or order take-out if you decide to eat here.

1  Thank Tunetigress
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Great food, great prices! Varied menu many interesting choices (including chicken nuggets and fries for kids)
Food was simply delicious and portions were generous.
There was only one sushi chef when we were there resulting in a bit of a wait but the food was so good it was worth it!!
We WILL be back!