“New Owners!!!!!!!!”

Sushi Centre
Ranked #91 of 158 Restaurants in Courtenay
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

Great little hidden gem. Tasty and well priced sushi. The new owners really cleaned up the place. They are also super friendly and happy to serve you.

Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

This restaurant recently has been changed name to Sushi Centre and re-opened with new ownership. Our menu, services and Everything is changed. Please come and try our amazing sushi. Also, we do serve various drinks such as caesar, high balls, sake, japanese beer, wine, long island ice tea. We open daily from 11:30-8:30pm. We are looking forward to meeting you soon.~~

Reviewed 20 September 2015

My partner and I ate here for the first time in a couple of years the other night and, oh, what a disappointment. The floor and bathrooms are filthy, we should have left right away but we were hungry and had a movie date in short order. Most of the food was ho-hum but a couple of items were very suspect. The sunomono salad, usually one of our faves, was vile. I took one bite out of the shrimp and knew I had made a mistake. It was definitely off and I suffered the consequences of that one bite later. When I mentioned this as we were paying our too large bill, the server didn't even take it off the bill! He just said it was fresh! I would strongly advise against eating here, we will never return!

Reviewed 7 September 2015

This is now Tokyoto Sushi - Family owned and casual atmosphere...I really didn't expect much, given the server (presume owner or owner's wife), seated and served us with an infant in her arms. The we waited for 38 mins before our food arrived. But once it did, it was terrific. Fresh and delish! We had dumplings, sunonomo, caterpillar role and one other roll and a spicy tuna hand roll...all really great. the hand roll is the best I've had in the valley.

The owner's kids are very present in the restaurant (5 year old) riding his bike in the restaurant...so if that's an issue for you....good to know ahead of time. And the whole having the baby in your arms in the food prep area... might be a concern for some....

Prices were much better that our regular sushi place in comox!

Worth a return visit. Very friendly too!

2  Thank cdnIriegirl
Reviewed 14 July 2015

The House Roll here is honestly in the top 5 sushi rolls that I have ever had, as well the appetizer selection is great. The atmosphere is what anyone familiar with small Sushi shops would be used to. The price is exactly on par with the competing shops in the Valley. As well the price/quality ratio is just right. The dining area is clean and adorned with handmade crafts and what I assume is some of his children’s art. (the establishment is owned and operated by just one guy) I am admittedly confused and suspicious about the negative rating of this place.

1  Thank Tim D