“Good sashimi, Maki roll is tasty”

Seh-Mi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 145 Restaurants in Courtenay
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Tried their assorted sashimi and crispy spicy tuna roll, both tasted very good. Veggies of the assorted tempura was cooked just right, not soggy or anything like that. Good price.

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

The food was fantastic. Exceptional portions and fair prices for it. I am an avid sushi diner and this place has rated top notch. Service was friendly and fast. Some new meal ideas impressed me and I left with a smile and a full stomach.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Ordered a wild sockeye dinner combo. The fish and stewed soybean sprouts were good, the rice and veggie tempura had a pretty regular taste.
Definitely worth another visit to check other items on the menu.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

The wait staff were so helpful..suggestions were terrific .. I love the roe sushi.. Love the tiny pops in my mouth.. It was awesome... Food was fresh,pleasant to the eye.. We will certainly return and tell our friends..

Reviewed 24 March 2016

My wife and I have visited this restaurant a number of times and thought it was time to give a proper review. As older people we like the booths layout, as they are nice and soft. They also have 'rooms' if you want to use them. They was nice soft piano music playing on the stereo. Very non denominational. This restaurant is not noisy, so you can hear what people are saying even when it's busy.

For dinner this time, I had the suggested special 'Scallop Pop Roll' ($13.95). Wonderful and filling. My wife had the 'Assorted Tempura' Large prawns and vegetables. We also split a Gomi and Miso. All dishes were superb.

Our waitress was quiet and attentive. Chef thanked us on the way out. Another wonderful meal from a great local restaurant.