“Tastier Treats”
Review of Ichiban Sushi

Ichiban Sushi
Ranked #50 of 145 Restaurants in Courtenay
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Looking for a late lunch, we rediscovered Ichiban. The patio had a nice breeze and complimented the clear blue sky... and the peach coolers we started with.

We had an amazing assortment of tasty and delicious mouthfuls... seaweed salad, spicy tako, tempura salmon skin (my favorite), lobster roll and the Ichiban roll. What a great way to satisfy my wife's desire for Japanese food.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

When me and my husband went into that place, the waitress told us to sit anywhere we want because she's taking a "take out" order, but after we were sitting there for 5 mins, she came by and said "can you move to a 2-people table because this table is for 4", although I was thinking why didn't you say earlier before we sat down, we stood up and moved to a "2-people" table. The most ridiculous thing is, I've never in my whole life waited for 50 mins after putting down the order (not even in French restaurant), FOR NOTHING! When my husband checked with them, they said they didn't even start to prepare our food yet. You think I ordered something complicated? 3 rolls and 1 shrimp tempera. 50 MINS........ This is my first time and last time going to that restaurant.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

Service is quick and friendly, food is yummy with a great variety to choose from and prices are definitely affordable. Has become a favorite spot!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Great for lunch, dinner, eat-in or take out. The food is wonderfully fresh and the prices are very reasonable. Have been dining there a few times a month for 2 years and always enjoy it!

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Monthly dining with friends, this was was just great,Had Bento Box with a few sides,Will go back.Good service and good for lunch