Sandman Hotel Castlegar(Castlegar)
  • Room Service
US$95
US$125
Hotels.com
All reviewsroom was cleanblow dryerstayed here for nightswould stay here againbit dateda great staycoffee makergreat breakfastlobbyhighwaylinens
Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

Not much to look at from the outside. Sitting beside the on off ramp on the #3 Highway, I thought it might be noisy but actually was quite quiet except of course for emergency vehicles but that is the norm anywhere. Room looks like it was newly renovated. Love the laminate floors especially as I have an issue with carpets in any hotel. You just never know what lurks in them. Only issue I had was the bed was too soft for my personal liking but you can't please everyone! Young lady at front desk was very pleasant and assured us if we found anything wrong with our room or their hotel to come back and see her as soon as possible. Definitely will come back again if we are in the area. Just about to head out to the free breakfast that was included in our room rate!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Jabbar D, Front Office Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites- Castlegar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2015

Dear Heather

Thank you for reviewing us on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed the hotel and its Facilities specially the floor.We believe in customers satisfaction. We really appreciate and value your feedback. We will share your feedback with our whole team.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and hope we will see you in your next trip. And I will make sure we will give you a room with little bit hard mattress.

Varinder Kang
Supervisor

Reviewed 26 July 2015

We arrive in Castlegar at 1:30 am looking for a place to stay. we pulled up to this establishment and the manager was very cranky and took a long time answering. Then he told me the fee was $122 but charge me $150!! There was a very medicore free breakfast in the morning

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Hello Colin,

I apologise for the behavior of manager. However we charged you only $140.30 ($122 room + $18.30 Tax). We do have record of this transaction. You can contact us on 250-365-2177.

Thanks for you feedback. We will make sure about the behaviour of that manager. I am looking forward to clear this confusion about charges.

Thanks

Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

Stayed here on the first night of a motorcycle road trip. We stayed in a 2 bdrm suite that was dated but spotless. Bed was very comfortable and room was plentiful. Hotel staff was curtious and was available to help with all requests. Cafe food quality was only downside but was still ok. Reasonably priced and a safe bet in Castlegar.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind feedback. The staff loves to hear the feedback. Thanks you for taking time to send us your feedback! We will buy a new printer soon for guests.We are looking forward to provide you with better and pleasant accommodation on your next visit.

Thanks
Varinder

Reviewed 7 July 2015

Owner couldn't be more helpful. Yes this is an older hotel, but good value for what you pay. Neat as a pin, comfy bed, great breakfast and caring hosts!. Printer in business centre was not working and the owner didn't have any problem with me printing my papers off on his office printer. Trusting sweet man

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Jabbar D, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites- Castlegar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2015

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate and value your feedback. We will share your feedback with our whole team. We believe in guest satisfaction.

Varinder Kang
Supervisor
Quality Inn Castlegar

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Although the staff was helpful, the hotel was not somewhere I’d normally stay.

Everything about the property was unpleasant. The hallways and room had an off odour – a mix of BO and mildew. The room itself was dated, as was the rest of the hotel. And the air conditioner that pre-dated the Regan administration blew lukewarm air.

Again, I will not return, nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay away!!!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
dalwar, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites- Castlegar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2015

We are very sorry to here all the concern you had . Thanks for all the heads up , I will discuss with my staff all the option we can implement to improve our services . Hope to see you soon in near futre to give us another chance to evaluate our property. Manager