“Our Favourite Fish & Chips”

Cockney Kings Fish & Chips
Ranked #3 of 661 Restaurants in Burnaby
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Reviewed 3 March 2018

We go here at least once a month for their one-piece halibut and chips dinner. Always excellent and always busy, expect to wait a bit for a table.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The fish and chips are really good crispy and it comes with yummy tartar sauce at a very descent price the place is nice.Staff are very attentive.Love this place.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Fish and chips are a hit and miss adventure in Vancouver, most of the places you try have pre-formed, battered fish and nine times out of ten it's an afterthought on the menu.
Maybe somebody can point me to a better place but for me the only place I'm sure I'll get a consistently good meal at a reasonable price is Cockney Kings.

Pajos does good fish and chips but they are way more expensive and they are a bit chintzy with their portions.

So.. I have to drive all the way out to Hastings and Kensington from Trout Lake to get my fix and it's a looong way!

The staff are friendly, the service prompt and the halibut is always sweet and fresh.
Being from England, I have to have a side of mushy peas and a bread roll so I can make myself a chip butty...

You haven't lived until you've had a chip butty with chips, fish and mushy peas all stuffed inside the bread roll and the butter dripping out of the side!.

If I order the large size, or go on all you can eat night, then I don't have to eat for the rest of the week!

The bill brings no surprises, you feel filled up for the money so I can't recommend it highly enough.

Maybe it's a good thing that it's way out there, if t was too convenient I would be at a size where I could kick- start jumbo jets!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Tasty and authentic fish and chips which are wrapped in newspaper just like in good old England. Nice atmosphere...

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Monday nights are the bomb! The chips are hand chipped.The Fish was lightly battered . Bothe were cooked to, perfection. Golden Brown not greasy And SUPER great service