“Outstanding”

Cockney Kings Fish & Chips
Ranked #2 of 642 Restaurants in Burnaby
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Reviewed 4 March 2018

If you like fresh fish, this is where you want to eat. Staff is very friendly and you will enjoy your experience

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I think this is the best in Burnaby for halibut and chips. Staff always friendly. Food always stellar

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We go here at least once a month for their one-piece halibut and chips dinner. Always excellent and always busy, expect to wait a bit for a table.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The fish and chips are really good crispy and it comes with yummy tartar sauce at a very descent price the place is nice.Staff are very attentive.Love this place.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Fish and chips are a hit and miss adventure in Vancouver, most of the places you try have pre-formed, battered fish and nine times out of ten it's an afterthought on the menu.
Maybe somebody can point me to a better place but for me the only place I'm sure I'll get a consistently good meal at a reasonable price is Cockney Kings.

Pajos does good fish and chips but they are way more expensive and they are a bit chintzy with their portions.

So.. I have to drive all the way out to Hastings and Kensington from Trout Lake to get my fix and it's a looong way!

The staff are friendly, the service prompt and the halibut is always sweet and fresh.
Being from England, I have to have a side of mushy peas and a bread roll so I can make myself a chip butty...

You haven't lived until you've had a chip butty with chips, fish and mushy peas all stuffed inside the bread roll and the butter dripping out of the side!.

If I order the large size, or go on all you can eat night, then I don't have to eat for the rest of the week!

The bill brings no surprises, you feel filled up for the money so I can't recommend it highly enough.

Maybe it's a good thing that it's way out there, if t was too convenient I would be at a size where I could kick- start jumbo jets!