“Great local find for dinner. BYOB>”
Review of Comme Chez Soi

Comme Chez Soi
Ranked #5 of 135 Restaurants in Magog
Price range: US$11 - US$33
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: On vous accueil dans une ambiance tout autant intime que conviviale pour une soiree entre amis. Apportez vos bouteilles preferees et laissez-vous charmer par un menu accessible et diversifie. Laissez-vous tenter par les nouveautes de notre Table d'hote qui change a tous les mois. Venez rencontrer notre personnel dynamique et jovial qui saura vous faire sentir comme chez soi
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I had never heard of this resto but the appeal of a reasonable price for good food and BYOB made us inquisitive.

We were delighted to have their $20 table d'hote menu starting with a delicious "duo spup" of part sweet potato and carrot and the other part celariac. We then enjoyed a great mixed salad with various greens, red pepper, beet, tomatoes and a very good dressing. For the main course my wife had sweetbreads and I had mignon of pork, mashed potato, beet, turnip with a delicious sauce. Conitually having our water glasses filled and endless supply of good french bread and small toasts to top the main.
Service is very pleasant and attentive. I cannot say that anything was less than excellent except that I completely forgot to bring a bottle of wine.

Great place with nice atmosphere, comfortable seats and lots of room.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Food was fantastic! Service less so, though one competent waitress served the entire room. Very convenient to our hotel room right next door.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

This visit started as a business meeting with my associates and ended up being a culinary extravaganza. I was very happy with the experience and so were my associates. They also have rooms and that motivated us to come back with our families and enjoy a feast.
I had smoke braised beef with Comptomme “tartiflette” cheese which was absolutely perfect.

Looking for something different visit Comme Chez Soi. You will love the experience.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

The food at this restaurant was really good, although the lamb chops came with very few vegetables or other sides. I highly recommend the escargot appetizer as well. It’s also really neat that you can bring your own wine without an uncorking fee. That said, the service was atrocious. My parents had been at the restaurant before and said they had a lovely waiter and a really good experience. This was not the case for this visit. We reserved for a party of seven, so we were a larger group, but the waitress was basically unpleasant. She spoke to the one person at our table who knew French, a teenage kid. He, of course, was not really able to explain the specials to anyone. But it’s expected that there’ll be a language barrier, so no problem we checked out the menu and waited to order. And waited. She left us basically unattended all evening, coming the bare minimum. It took forever for the food to come and even longer to get the check. At which point she revealed she was fluent in English when she asked for a tip. Lovely decor cannot make up for such poor service.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

very good table/atmosphere a bit lacking/most of the people at the table had the liver and said it was excellent. enjoyed the mussels that i had ordered.