“Amazing breakfast and soups”
Review of Village Delicatessen - CLOSED

Village Delicatessen
Reviewed 21 October 2014

I find myself going here at least once a week! I love Robs home fries, and his soups are amazing as well... Will be back again and again!! Prices are great too!!

Reviewed 20 October 2014

This is not a fancy restaurant, it isn't a large place, it isn't an expensive place....it IS a place to eat fresh made on the premises food! We were a group of 12 meeting in Gananoque for a small family get together (6 from Montreal & 6 from Toronto) the food was AMAZING, the service was AWESOME and the service was warm welcoming & friendly.

I started this review by saying what this restaurant isn't, well let me finish by saying what I think it is, a small family deli that really understands the concept of good food for a fair price!! You will never go wrong eating here!

Reviewed 8 October 2014 via mobile

Sohrab is the King of Gananoque breakfast. Do yourself a favour and visit, enjoy the big breakfast! Coffee cheerfully refilled, food was satisfying and such a terrific value.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This place is excellent, but suffers from being on the 'wrong' side of the road from where most people will probably walk, so is at risk of being overlooked.

It is a classic diner experience (so yes, it looks dated inside, but that surely adds to the charm?).

Food and service were excellent, especially the Reuben sandwich, bacon/potato soup and smoked meat. Also very wallet friendly.

Worth returning to.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had lunch here the daily special was smoked meat and soup.he had two soup options but he proceeded to tell us one was leftover from the previous day! I had a club house and fries. Fries were limp not crispy but his gravy for dipping was good. The atmosphere is an old dated diner. Food was okay but his price for a piece of Costco pie was 5.99 and it was disappointing too. Our lunch was $40 which we thought was a bit much for what we had. Owner is very friendly tho.

1  Thank sunsandlover77