“Nice place for a quick meal!”
Review of Village Delicatessen - CLOSED

Village Delicatessen
Reviewed 28 November 2014

I am very fussy when it comes to smoked meat but the platter I had was very good. This is a perfect place when looking for a quick and reasonably priced meal. The soup of the day was home made and very tasty. Service was very good - the owner seemed like a very happy person and greeted me when I arrived and checked on me after I had my meal. Very pleasant experience highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 October 2014

I find myself going here at least once a week! I love Robs home fries, and his soups are amazing as well... Will be back again and again!! Prices are great too!!

Reviewed 20 October 2014

This is not a fancy restaurant, it isn't a large place, it isn't an expensive place....it IS a place to eat fresh made on the premises food! We were a group of 12 meeting in Gananoque for a small family get together (6 from Montreal & 6 from Toronto) the food was AMAZING, the service was AWESOME and the service was warm welcoming & friendly.

I started this review by saying what this restaurant isn't, well let me finish by saying what I think it is, a small family deli that really understands the concept of good food for a fair price!! You will never go wrong eating here!

Reviewed 8 October 2014 via mobile

Sohrab is the King of Gananoque breakfast. Do yourself a favour and visit, enjoy the big breakfast! Coffee cheerfully refilled, food was satisfying and such a terrific value.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This place is excellent, but suffers from being on the 'wrong' side of the road from where most people will probably walk, so is at risk of being overlooked.

It is a classic diner experience (so yes, it looks dated inside, but that surely adds to the charm?).

Food and service were excellent, especially the Reuben sandwich, bacon/potato soup and smoked meat. Also very wallet friendly.

Worth returning to.