Kimberley Riverside Campground
Trickle Creek Lodge(Kimberley)(Great Value!)
US$150
North Star Motel(Kimberley)(Great Value!)
US$68
Polaris Lodge(Kimberley)(Great Value!)
US$166
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
Northstar Mountain Village Resort(Kimberley)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsmini golffull servicehiking trailstent sitesmary riversand trapspit toiletscranbrook areastayed for nightsclose to towngreat for kidsbeautiful spotnature parkwould stay againfree wifisewerprivacy
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We had reservations for this campground this weekend but are experiencing a fire in our community. I have just got off the phone with the Riverside Campground and was told they couldn't reimburse us for this weekend. The management said and I quote " I can't help nature"
Seriously...where is your human compassion? We have stayed 3 different times with this campground and will NEVER be back.
You make me shake my head at some of the human race out there.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Shauna R
KimberleyCampground, Manager at Kimberley Riverside Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Shauna R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review as it had brought this matter to my attention. I am the only manager here at the Riverside Campground and know that this was not brought to my attention by my staff. I absolutely would have refunded you, especially as it is something completely beyond your control. It was not a case of a conflict in schedule, you forgot about your booking or you simply couldn't come... it was a case of being on an evacuation alert and the last thing you should ever experience during this time is a lack of compassion.

I will be sitting down with the staff member in question as this was completely unacceptable and I will be ensuring this does not happen, ever again.

Although you have specified you have no plans to return, I do hope the gift certificate and refund will help you consider staying with us again. We value every single customer that walks through our door and I hope we renew your faith in us if you give us the chance.

Thank you again for your review and please do reconsider us as we would love to give you great customer service, just like the last 3 times you have stayed with us.

Kindest Regards,
Leanna Winter
Manager

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We stayed here for an overnight stay in the unserviced tent sites at the bottom of the facility. We felt very safe, everyone was friendly, the pit toilets and plumbed facilities were all very clean and well maintained. The front counter staff were helpful, professional and welcoming. The quiet hours (starting at 11 pm) were observed so we slept soundly.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2017

You really cannot find a better campground to stay at in the Kimberley - Cranbrook area. The staff are amazing, helpful and friendly. A word to the wise - you need to book early. We book a year in advance to get the site for the week we want. The showers and bathrooms are very clean and well cared for. The campground is great for families - lots of hiking/biking trails if you like to do that and an amazing mini-golf course. (no windmills and clown's mouths to putt through - a true "mini" course with water, sand traps, rough and out of bounds. Very fun to play. We have made this our home away from home for the past five years and have reserved our spot again for next year.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We have stayed here 3 times now. Sites are large and fairly private with mature evergreen trees. Wifi hotspot available in shower building - not much range. Would be nice if this was beefed up as it would be nice to stream Netflix at night or on rainy days. Our site was close to the building but wifi was weak and I had no cell coverage so couldn't use my personal hotspot.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry S
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Great place! Excellent conditions for accommodation, there is everything you need and even more! Wonderful hiking routes, a children's playground. Reasonable prices! We are very excited and gonna be back again! The best recommendations for everyone!

Stayed: April 2017