Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$227
PricelineUS$227
TripadvisorUS$226
Orbitz.com
Hotels.comUS$226
AutographUS$226
1,396 results
All reviews golf course indoor pool water slides beautiful hotel new brunswick old world charm modern amenities main building king room dining room fire pit front porch tennis courts grounds are beautiful kingsbrae gardens glass of wine off season
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Beautiful and historic hotel. Stayed only 1 night. Will return and stay longer some day. Enjoyed the pool and waterside and the shuttle service to and from a restaurant. Staff were all very pleasant. We also enjoyed playing a game of chess in the lobby. Really would like to go back and explore more.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2017

The Algonquin is a fully restored historic resort that is a substantial facility on beautiful grounds. The staff delivered the keys and welcomed us to the resort. Due to limited elevator capability the luggage delivery to the rooms was somewhat delayed. The public areas are attractive with pools, spa and activities. Our top floor room was small with a small bath and a tiny counter.Understated quality contemporary decor and furnishings. The room featured a Keurig coffee maker and safe, but no refer or microwave. The internet was complementary with a medium sized flatscreen and a moderate number of channels. The TV had a very frustrating satellite remote control. Water glasses were glass, coffee cups were paper and the room include a cork screw but no wine stems. The restaurant and lounge were attractive with friendly, but erratic service. Breakfast was about average.
Beautiful facility with a good quality experience. CT-3

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnacoTraveler
Reviewed 18 November 2017

The Algonquin, with good reason, is an icon in New Brunswick hotel history, and we were excited to stay for 2 nights at this beautifully refurbished grand old hotel.

There is a welcoming and casual feel here which suits the maritime character and immediately makes you feel relaxed. Don't get me wrong though, your needs and desires will be catered to I'm sure, as all the staff are very professional, friendly, and attentive.

The day we arrived, we were welcomed warmly and the young woman at reception also told us about the outdoor terrace close to our room where we could enjoy a drink while we took in the view. What a great suggestion -- it was a beautiful sunny afternoon and we did just that. The view was indeed breathtaking, and we just sat there for a couple of hours unwinding and enjoying a drink. So relaxing.

Our room was lovely and comfortable, with high ceilings and a beautiful large window which opened to let in the breeze. The bathroom was nicely renovated and well lit. The room was very quiet overall and we slept well.

The gorgeous lobby is, to me, what a hotel lobby should be: a place to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. On our second night we had a drink here while deciding about dinner. Soon, some friendly guests joined us and we were deep in conversation as we waited for our dinner reservation. Other people walking by nodded and smiled as they went about their evening. A glimpse of travel in the old days perhaps? Overall a fun and welcome experience, and the prices were fantastic at that time of year. We would be happy to go back; I imagine it would be very cozy in the quiet of wintertime... Now there’s an idea!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Gorgeous hotel with recent renovations...all staff very friendly and professional...however, I emailed the hotel to express concerns I had during my 2 night stay and the hotel has never contacted me. The ice bucket was filthy on the outside and had no plastic bag for ice. I called housekeeping to ask for a plastic bag, had to call again, and still had to wait 45 minutes. One of the bar glasses had a lipstick stain on it. Obviously, the bar items weren't cleaned at all. Our work training session was provided coffee and muffins but there were no napkins or garbage cans. We had to put garbage in an empty cup and no napkins to pick up spills. I used to work in the hotel industry and was so grossed out by the lack of plastic bag for the ice. Ultimate lack of sanitation. Barf!!!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ALGONQUINRESORT, General Manager at The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews by-the-Sea, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for writing to us Lisa K. Let me first apologize if you have not as of yet heard from anyone from the property. We take great pride in our staff and services and ensure our communication is followed through with our teams. I am happy to follow up with our team regarding your stay. At the Algonquin we have passionate hospitality associates ready to assist in delivering a personalized experience. If you require any items to your room or meeting area, we are happy to accommodate. Please ensure to ask our teams for help on a future stay, to better enhance your stay with us. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Yours in hospitality,
Matthew Mackenzie

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Business takes me to St. Stephen. Normally stay in Saint John and do the commute early in the morning. This was the second time that I stayed at the Algonquin. Check in is very efficient and friendly. Dinner at Braxton's was very good with a diverse selection for a smaller menu. Used the Fitness centre early mornings and found that it was well equipped. Breakfast service is my only complaint, as service was extremely slow. Food was good, but attentive service would have made both stays better.

• Trip type: Travelled on business