“Fabulous”

Price range: US$2 - US$21
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located at the terminal of the Qualicum Beach Airport, Join us for breakfast, lunch and dinner and witness the excitement of frequent air traffic in a comfortable and relaxing environment. We are closed on select holidays, please visit our website for more information.
Reviewed 9 June 2018

My husband and I have been to this wonderful restaurant several times. We’ve experienced breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is one our most highly recommended places to eat. When we have friends visiting the Island it’s one of the places we love to take them to.The service has always been good...the atmosphere very intimate and lovely, and the food fabulous ❤️

Reviewed 9 June 2018

We had tried the Final Approach years ago when it was under different ownership and were not impressed. It certainly has changed! The four of us attended the special night with entertainment with a male vocalist singing mostly the old crooner type music. We had a great night and were almost the last to leave. Our waitress was fantastic and very attentive and friendly. All four of us commented on the quality and quantity of the food. There was a limited menu that night because of the the music but we will certainly come back and try "off the menu" soon.
I should also comment that a few weeks earlier 28 from our Rotary Club came for appys and some had dinner and were also pleased with the service and food.

1  Thank SherwoodParkTucker
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Don't be put off by reading this restaurant is located at the airport. Once you walk into the Final Approach Restaurant you won't believe how classy it is. Seriously, black linen table cloths, fresh flowers on the tables. If you didn't see the runway out the window you wouldn't think it was located at the airport.

Then the food -- it is amazing! This isn't quick fast airport food. It is quality chef inspired dining. You know it's a good place to go as there are locals there on dates! I had read the reviews before we went and that's what conviced me to give it a try. Well do try it and I promise you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Went for lunch. Special of the day was a Swiss Cheese and Mushroom Patty Melt, and the soup was Chicken Rice Curry and was the best soup I've ever had! Just delicious! The Beet and Goat Cheese salad was very good. Available in a small order, which was perfect. When we arrived on Wednesday at 11:45 for lunch, there was only one table inside that wasn't reserved, so that was a very strong indicator that this is a popular little eating spot. Nicely appointed, with outside seating an option. Good menu selection, great staff.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I went with a group for lunch and everyone's meal was excellent. I am celiac so my choices were a bit limited but the server was very knowledgeable about which items were gluten free and safe for celiacs. I had the beet and goat cheese salad with salmon; it was delicious!