“Breath taking, relaxing and can't wait to return”

Nipika Mountain Resort
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 November 2010

My husband and I visited Nipika Lodge for 3 days this October with my parents and sister with young family. We stayed in the large Nipika lodge which had more than enough room for the 8 of us (some bedrooms not used) It was absolutely superb in every way, the lodge itself had expansive views of the mountain range and the larch trees turning which was spectacular. The Lodge was immaculate with a huge gourmet kitchen, two fireplaces and a wrap around porch perfect for reading. Lyle and Dianne were so kind and gave us great tips on hiking and were always there when we had questions about anything. It was great for the kids as there was so much space for running around and they had many acitivities, horseshoes, bocce ball, wood fired hot tub, etc.
I cannot wait to go back with my husband and do a cross country ski trip, maybe this time just the two of us - great for a romantic getaway as well.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2009

We have just been on our second trip to Nipika, its still as fabulous as ever.

The cabins are beautiful, the setting amazing! One of the things I most like about Nipika is that it is dog heaven! We took our 18 month old Golden X with us and she was off the lead all weekend playing with the resident dogs, chasing the gophers and taking in the view from the deck.

The lack of phones, wifi and TV is one of the best things. You get a chance to unwind, talk and read... how holidays should be!

Still.... I do struggle with not being able to use my hair drier or straighteners, but you can't have everything!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2009

Where to start to describe Nipika. My boyfriend suggested Nipika after seeing a mountain bike programme being filmed there. I was happy to go with the flow and having read a few reviews on Trip Advisor was happy to go with the flow.

I booked the Bergeron Cabin based on the pictures on the website and the fact that it was the newest cabin and looked large (I like my space!). The pictures really did not do it justice! Prior to our trip, I emailed Lyle a few times and he was brilliant at giving tips and offering help about the trips and general questions I kept bugging him with!

As there is no restaurant or anything, we stocked up for 3 days in Radium Hot Springs before heading up to Nipika via 93 and Settlers Road. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Rufus the dog and Lyle working on the volley ball court to get it ready for summer. Lyle informed us that it was a quiet week and that my boyfriend and I would be the only guests staying at Nipika for 3 days At first it felt strange to be the only 2 people there, however, what an experience to have a whole resort and Valley to ourselves. Lyle said that at night we would be the only people for miles which really did give us a 'true' rockie mountain experience. He left us with the satellite phone and the bear spray. What more could we need; just our enthusiasm!

We spent our days biking, hiking, canoeing around the beautiful surrounding areas and our nights became a routine of BBQ's on our terrace and hot tub (log fired)! We saw Lyle everyday as he was working on the land and he was great at telling us about the 'Nipika story' and showing us around the place. I just loved his sense of passion, it was truly infectious. We left Nipika feeling completely relaxed and rejuvenated and felt like we had experienced the real rockies without the tourists. Nipika has a lake for swimming in the summer and ice-skating in the winter, Hot Tub (log fired), Sauna (log fired). It is completely 'off grid' and there is no phone signal, which allows you to really switch off!

A wonderful place.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kerry0072
Reviewed 28 February 2009

This past New Year's was our fifth trip to Nipika in as many years. Always a wonderful experience and as usual the skiing was sublime. For me it's a great location to paint in peace and for my husband to hone his once a year hockey skills. I have created some Nipika themed paintings which are available on my website at [--]

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2009

It was perfect. We shared a three-bedroom cabin with two other couples and spent three days skiing along excellently maintained and designed trails. The snow gods cooperated -- conditions were excellent and it wasn't too cold. The kitchen had everything we needed to make our own meals, and there was lots of room for us to chat, read our books and stretch out the kinks of the day. On one evening we enjoyed an amazing presentation by Nipika's resident wildlife biologist who showed a video of her work with west coast wolves, as well as pictures of local wildlife photographed from a system of wildlife monitoring cameras located in the area.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Freedom005