“Fine accommodations for visit to Granby Zoo”

Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Granby
Reviewed 11 September 2015

For an overnight or weekend visit to the Granby Zoo, the Le St-Christophe Hotel and Spa is nice, and is perhaps the best place to stay in town. Situated on a beautiful lake with a fantastic circumferential bike/walking path, the property boasts a welcome respite to the surrounding balconied condos complete with half clad elderly gentlemen overlooking the parking lot.

The antique architecture and amply decorated lobby welcomes the weary Zoo-goer who seeks to escape the neighboring repeat of strip malls and chain fast-food joints. The hotel restaurant provides a decent French-themed Mediterranean cuisine, although the barkeep, armed with tasty and satisfying liquid concoctions and soporifics, serves up a true (but skimpy) refreshment.

The rooms are simple and clean, although the water-damaged, bumped up carpet and the in-wall unit air conditioner smacks more of a three star accommodation than the four stars it earns by reviewers more often than not.

The indoor pool is small but refreshing, and the 2 saunas, one of which sits outside and is shaped like a wine-barrel, are nice and relaxing. Outside are a series of small therapeutic pools complete with water features and fountains.

Overall, it is a nice place to stay with other adventures in mind.

Room Tip: Great location for Granby Zoo
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
HotelStChristophe, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Dear customer,

Thank you for your poetic review. I appreciate our guest that take time to comment their stay with us.
We try our best to renew our product and to provide the best service to our people and feedback helps us to get on top of it!
I wish we will have the chance to see you again when you are in the area.

King regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Nice hotel but stay far away from the restaurant. Had an 8 pm seating with two tired children. Got our bottle of wine and the girls drinks and then sat there for an hour and 20 minutes with no contact from our waiter, no bread no nothing. Apparently the hotel was short staffed and were catering a party downstairs. Finally after an hour and a half I asked for my bread. My one daughter fell asleep without eating any food. The food when it came was average. My wife and I usually like slow service but this service was non-existant. Another couple complained the next moring and thought the maitre'D was a new employee he was so bad. The experience next morning was not much better considering it was breakfast with eggs available as only scrambled or boiled eggs (couldn't even do an oeuf turnee?). We sat outside and the wait staff never came by to refil our coffe. Had to get up and go inside to request a spoon for my daughter's yoghurt. The breakfast was included but what horrible service. They need to retrain their wait staff and make sure they have enough staff in the hotel to serve the restaurant and cater a party. Just a brutal experience overall at the restaurant, which will definitely impact us staying at what really is a lovely boutique hotel in the future.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony and or one at the back overlooking the pool and spa.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
HotelStChristophe, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2015

Thank you for your feedback.
I am very sorry that your stay was not like you expected.
We try our best to hire people that will represent our passion to the hospitality, but as i can see, sometimes we have some issue with the service.
I wish that wont give you a bad memory about us. I know we can do so much better.
Most of our customer leave the hotel with a great experience, and that is what we will give you next time!
Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

The hotel was lovely. We had a room at the rear overlooking the lake and fountain. The atmosphere was great. Our mistake was to order from the hotel restaurant. While the menu for dinner sounded amazing, the product was one of the worst meals we ever had at a hotel. Now, for me to say that is quite something as we do a lot of travel.
We ordered an assortment of tapis items as they all sounded great. Unfortunately, every one was either completely overcooked or just tasted completely off. We noted this to the desk clerk that night and again the next morning, and at check-out. Nothing was done except to say "too bad, that's unfortunate". We returned some of the tapis dishes almost untouched they were so bad.

This is sad for such a lovely hotel. Otherwise, we would have given it a much higher rating.

Room Tip: Best views are at the back facing the lake. You will have to pay a premium for those but well worth...
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank 11Claude
HotelStChristophe, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Thank you very much for your comments.
I am sorry that our meal was not to your expectation, we usually get good feedback for our food, I wish this incident wont make you not to come back.
I know we can do better, and i hope we will have the chance to show you next time.

Kind regards,

M.Massé

Reviewed 11 August 2015

I recently hosted my parents’ 50th Wedding Anniversary at this hotel and I have nothing but positive comments to make! Firstly, the event coordinator M. Masse was easy to contact and very accommodating. Gina, who helped finalize the details was reassuring and very friendly. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by our servers who were first-rate. The food was delicious and everything went smoothly. I highly recommend this hotel for any family or business function. Thank you to the staff!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
HotelStChristophe, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2015

Thank you very much Karen for this great review!
Im so happy that your family enjoyed their meal.
Gina is joining me to say thanks again for this wonderful comment.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed 9 August 2015

My husband and I along with our 2 little ones just stayed here on a visit to Granby Zoo. The hotel was beautiful, reminded me of the Fairmont Chateau style. It was super clean and wonderfully classic. The furniture was older and solid. Even the pull out sofa was quite sturdy.

We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Food was delicious both times. Loved the jazz music playing in the restaurant.

We will definitely be back as we enjoyed our stay very much. I would without hesitation recommend this beautiful hotel!

1  Thank Divette15

Thank you Divette!
As the customer service director, I read all the note that customer leave to us, to help us and to encourage us, and I will never be grateful enough to all those one that take the time to write good review regardind our establishment.

It is really appreicate!
We will be glad to welcome you again!

M.Masse

Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
8 km away
10.4 km away
Hotel Bromont
Hotel Bromont
#6 of 7 in Bromont

Been to Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!