US$109
  • Pool
US$118
US$106
Doubletree.com
Auberge de la Gare(Gatineau)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$116
US$89
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

US$122
Hotel V(Gatineau)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$95
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$281
US$225
Hilton.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

First, at check in the lady at the desk was rude. (By the way to check in gotta walk to the back street, which was not a problem for me). the room was clean but had a funny smell. the Duvernay is not a hotel. I would not stay there again. Dont worth the budget price

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights while in Ottawa on business.. Very large accommodation with kitchenette, good shower with loads of towels, quiet, free wifi close to good restaurants and a couple minutes cab ride to Ottawa. Why pay perhaps twice as much in Ottawa. NB Registration is at a hotel a 2 minute walk away.

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed 1 September 2015

I stayed for the full month of August and would stay longer if I could. The amenities have been well documented in other reviews so I'll be brief.

Fabulous location!

Five minutes to Ottawa landmarks like parliament buildings, Byward Market, National Gallery etc.

In fact, you could easily walk or bike and see much more than if you drove.

Gatineau (the former Hull of my youth) was quiet, comfortable and welcoming. My high school French from the 1960s was rewarded with patience, smiles and pity sometimes but it was always a pleasure to meet the local residents, merchants and restaurant staff.

There's a mall across the street (Starbucks, Tims and Timothy's) and two liquor stores within two minutes.

There's a short pedestrian mall a few meters away with nice bars and happy people, sometimes with free musical groups outside.

Eddy street nearby has restaurants and stores including Giant Tiger for groceries. I have a car but didn't need it locally.

The entrance to Gatineau park is five minutes drive from here, if you don't go you will be cheated of this areas most beautiful area, don't miss it.

There's also a weekly small farmers market right behind the building.

Parking is right outside the door.

The maid (not politically correct term) was friendly and helpful.

Shawn, the manager was absolutely great! He was friendly, brilliantly bilingual and efficient.

There are no staff members on site but so what, it's like being at home in your own small apartment.

Minor issues were quickly resolved, this place is not pretentious but it's great value, clean and well located.

I really hate to leave, it's been my summer home, but I'll be back.

Au revoir (in a regrettable accent)

Room Tip: 105 was great, quiet and between two exits.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Veganguy
Reviewed 10 July 2015

I usually don't write reviews. But after staying at Duvernay for a week, I really want people to know what they are getting into.

We arrived on a Wednesday. This place was more like an apartment building rather than a hotel. There was NO STAFF, no front desk on site, so we had to get the key from another hotel called Victoria.

We got into the room. The room does look clean. We were happy with it until we ran into our first problem: the TV in the bedroom was not working. We called Victoria hotel, but they said there was nothing they could do. It certainly doesn't feel right, but we let it slide since we could live without the TV.

Then I washed my hair and realized that there was no hair dryer. Good thing that the weather was hot enough to dry my hair really quickly.

The next day, we made some breakfast in the kitchen. We left the ventilation fan on the entire day but somehow our room still smelled like burned egg. I opened the cabinet above the vent and realized that the vent DOES NOT connect to anything. It doesn't have a pipe that brings all the air out. Instead it's just blowing the air from one side to another side. So in the end we had to open all our windows and front door to clear the air.

Then the weekend. To our horror, we found out that there was a night club across our room. And it was blasting music the ENTIRE NIGHT. By Sunday I couldn't take it anymore. I went to Vicoria hotel asking to switch room, but again they told me there was nothing they could do because they do not have access to Duvernay's system.

I endured the noise and finally made it to Monday, when I had to work remotely. I woke up, turned on my laptop, and found out that the WIFI IS NOT WORKING. Again I called Victoria hotel. They told me that they could send an email to the general manager (who is not on site) but asides from that there was nothing they could do. I asked if there was any number I could call, but they told me no. In the end I was working from the cafe in Victoria hotel.

By this time, we also ran out of toilet paper and shower gel. We planned to stay at this place for a week. When we first got here, we saw that there was one set of shower kit and 2 rolls of toilet paper, but we thought the cleaning staff would provide us more later.

WRONG! We had to walk all the way to Victoria hotel again to ask for more supplies.

I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to check out immediately and find a legit hotel in Ottawa. I talked to Vicotria hotel but they wouldn't give any refund, despite the fact that Expedia also called them telling that there would be no cost for them.

Also I forgot to mention that this area was absolutely dead at night...except that night club of course. There was not grocery store around, only a few depanneur. During weekend it was literally a ghost town. The only good thing about it was that it was close to the bus stop for bus #8, which brings you all the way to downtown Ottawa.

In the end, I managed to stay.

But do yourself a favor: choose a better hotel in downtown Ottawa, even thought it can be more expensive. Especially with the time and price you pay for commuting to downtown Ottawa, overall it's worth it to stay there.

You do not want to go through all the trouble I went. The price was not worth it.

Room Tip: Do not book this place.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Huang E
Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

Bradley pretty much mentioned everything but to add on, my experience was really satisfying.

I can assure you this one. You can't really find a cheaper room around Ottawa that's as clean as this one. I've spent a lot of time surfing hotel searches, and made my conclusion.

This place is obviously recently renovated and was really clean and quiet.

There is no convenience stores around that opens until late time, so you should have some basic necessaties (e.g. water) ready when you walk in late.

The bus stop is not really nearby the hotel. (7-10 min walk) If you're visiting Ottawa during summer, you get to enjoy its lovely weather, but I'm afraid it's not going to be pleasant if you're visiting during winter.

I hope my comment assisted you.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple