“Good but not as good as it used to be”
Review of Restaurant Gibby's

Restaurant Gibby's
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Went for dinner one evening in August 2018. I had swordfish and my partner had filet mignon. Both were excellent. They also have a very good pinot grigio decently priced. What was disappointing was the salad, and the veggies accompanying main course did not seem to be 100% fresh. Very surprised as we've eaten at Gibby's many, many times, both at their St. Sauveur and old Montreal locations, and we've never had veggies that did not look 100% fresh. Maybe it was just an off day. The meat, the fish, the wine and the dessert were all excellent and therefore we overlooked the sub-standard veggies.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank mtc770

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I don’t eat meat unlike everyone else in my group and was a bit afraid going to a steakhouse.
I had the tuna steak -sushi grade tuna, as described by the waitress. I had it blue. It was great. It looked like a fillet steak in size and width, had a raw and cold core that melted in the mouth. Absolutely perfect.
All the rest, sautéed mushrooms, steamed spinach and baked potato also very good -as well as the onion and tomato salad to start with.
Why 4 stars and not 5? The place needs a bit of a revamp: new furniture, new decoration, more light. Apart from that, food was great.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for consistent and good quality steak dinner, this place delivers. Great salad, bread, pickles and filet steak. If you have room, try the creme brulee!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

After coming here for 24 years I can state although the pricing has gone up the food quality is Great.
The service staff is friendly and courteous.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I've been to both Gibbys in Montreal and Saint-Sauveur and they are equally great. Myself and the dates always enjoy the cozy feel and comfort type food. The quality of the meal is always on point and they always cater to your preferences. I went on the Wednesday before valentines, it was quiet as expected which I prefer. It allows privacy and better service. You can start with an appetizer (I had the onion soup) or have you can consider the choice of a salad or two other options that comes with your main as the appetizer. I had the Wellington and she had the sirloin steak with the double baked potato. We had dessert which was an apple type of pie/cake. Try not to fill up on the home baked bread and large pickles.

All in all we were both full and super satisfied. The ambiance of the building is super romantic. I can imagine having a business meeting in this type of setting as well. The dim lighting may make you feel slightly sleepy.

Date of visit: February 2018