“Cosy and quaint ”

Restaurant La Boheme
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: le rendez vous des Bistronomes depuis 30 ans...le bar la salle l etage vous trouverez toujours de la place...vous y recontrerez forcement quelqu un que vous connaissez ou alors l equipe de service aura plaisir a jaser avec vous...Une carte et des vraies recettes qui ne changent pas depuis 30 ans...Le rendez vous incontournable dans notre beau village de Saint Sauveur
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my dinner at La Boheme, every one was happy to please. The food was home cooking at its finest. It is a tiny place and fills up fast, opens at 5 and closes at 9, 5 days per week. The wine choices are excellent and the regular clientele keep coming back for all these reasons. I had the escargot, blood pudding, beef bourgeon and cream caramel. I will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

A very complete french cuisine that is interesting since you get a choice of different entrys that are included in your meal. The wine choice and prices are very reasonnable. Service is great and efficient.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I had heard the food was good so I dropped by to get a menu or brochure. So I walk in and two people behind the bar give me that..sorry, we're closing look. It was 10pm, so that much I knew. Anyway, I was planning to have guests come up to Sauveur and just wanted a menu or brochure. So I ask the lady for a brochure and she can't seem to understand, so I repeat my question. She still has that dazed look on her face as if she never heard English before. Then she has the audacity to grab my arm and try to lead me out. I tell her, in no uncertain terms, to TAKE her hand off my arm, which she does. At that point I have no interest in EVER coming there to eat and I tell the guy behind the counter, who’s now giving me dirty looks, exactly that. To which he goes nuts…comes out from around the counter, with arms raised yelling at me to get out…making a big scene in front of the few tables still seated. As I get near the door he lets out a big "F-YOU" in his European french accent. Now this is regrettable for two reasons. One, it was obvious that these foreigners have no idea that Quebec has over two hundred years of English speaking history. Sad that the only time I was greeted in English was his F-you, so I guess he knows a few words. The dude operates a restaurant in a tourist destination so one should expect they would know a few words in English, like "brochure" or "menu". The other reason it's sad is because other English guests probably get similar hostile reactions and must think they are Quebecois who resent English speaking Canadians. Quebecois or French Canadians would NEVER act as THEY did to someone speaking English. It was so obvious to me these arrogant restaurateurs with their haughty attitude were not from here...which is why I had the good sense to yell back, after getting the big F-you from this clown... go back to France! As I was passing the window he was still yelling insults at me., to which I smiled because I knew there was TripAdvisor. The food may be good, the decor charming but these two are horrible, stupid people who definitely SHOULD get out of Saint-Sauveur and go back to France if they can't learn some manners.

1  Thank path2020
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We returned once again after 7 years to the tastiest of French country cooking. We were greeted by Marcel, the owner of this small, intimate room, which has charm and excellent service. The food is well prepared and excellent. Our server is the wife of the chef so my food allergies were not a problem.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

This quaint little restaurant offers a limited menu but the food is fantastic, the service very pleasant and you cannot beat the price....a real bargain by today's standards....a must visit.....