Lodge de la Montagne(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$113
  • Pool
Auberge La Porte Rouge(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$107
Auberge Sauvignon(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$83
Auberge Mountain View Inn(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$53
  • Breakfast included
Le Westin Resort & Spa(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$177
Cancelon
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Auberge Le Lupin B&B(Mont Tremblant)
TripAdvisor
Auberge Le Voyageur(Mont Tremblant)
TripAdvisor
B&B Les Dames du Lac(Mont Tremblant)
TripAdvisor
Au Bois Jolit(Mont Tremblant)
  • Spa
Au Beau Soleil(Mont Tremblant)
  • Fitness centre
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 February 2008

After spending a memorable week-end at Auberge Rustique, I deemed it necessary to share the wonderful experience my wife & kids had up at the beautiful Auberge Rustique in Mont Tremblant. The accomadations were very good and the price for the rooms were very reasonable, given some were almost double just a couple of km away. We found the area to be very beautiful and very short drive to other attractions such as the ski hills. The food at Auberge Rustique had me thinking that I never left home. The authentic Italian food was like an added bonus to the actual stay. The pizza's by far rank among the best I've had. I would also like to thank the owners there who were very hosipitable towards us & made us feel as if we were being welcomed in their own home and not to mention, helping us out in regards to our baby.. they were nice enough to warm us some milk as we ran out.. very nice people indeed.. I will definitely be going back. Thanks!

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank RodriguezMontreal_QC
Reviewed 19 February 2008

Our first choice accommodations were sold out in advance so we came to Tripadvisor.com and looked for suggestions from other travelers and based on their reviews we decided to give Rustique a try.

To give some perspective, we've been staying regularly (annually since 2002) at another B&B 5km from the Tremblant South Base along the main road Montee-Ryan just off the Hwy 117. This was a very convenient location close to all the amenities but the avg room rate was a bit higher than Rustique at $130/night. We've also stayed directly within the Tremblant Village at Les Tours Des Voyages in a hotel room for $150/night during the summer but almost $200/night during winter.

So our expectation for the Rustique was much lower given the price being charged ($79/night). All we expected was a basic room that's clean and have the basic amenities and a friendly staff. We didn't care if there weren't any Internet or TV or any other facilities. We just needed a room to sleep in and spend our time skiing/dinning out.

LOCATION: Rustique (1995 Chemin Lac Superieur) is located in Lac Superieur which is 18km east of Tremblant (South Base via Chemin Dupless) and 7km (North Base via Chemin Lac Superieur) along a tiny, hilly road. There is nothing at the Tremblant North Base other than ski lifts into the Versant Nord and Versant Edge ski slopes. If you want the Tremblant village (old and new) you'll need to head towards the South Base. You can also get to the Tremblant South Base via a safer road by backtracking south from Rustique along Rue Principe to Hwy 117, then head northwest to Montee-Ryan, then into Tremblant (34km). Either route will take you about 37min because the shorter route is also a smaller, twistier, darker road which requires slower driving at avg 30-40km/h during winter conditions. Even the Hotel owner told us NOT to drive on Chemin Dupless at night, especially snow covered despite being plowed regularly after each snow fall.

SURROUNDINGS: The hotel location is quite remote, but that means it's very quiet and you will wake up to fresh countryside air and may even spot wildlife nearby as the hotel room backs into some dense forest. It's a very nice location, almost like as if you're in your own cottage.

STAFF: As advertised, the owner and his wife and child (very cute) were very friendly and helpful. However, they disappeared from the property altogether after 5pm on Sunday, and wasn't even back at 11am Monday morning when we had to check out! Without prior instructions from the hotel staff, we just assumed it was okay to leave the keys inside the room and lock the doors and just leave the hotel. Very unprofessional indeed.

ROOM: The room was as expected, and old rustic room with old furniture but all functional. Here's where it goes a bit down hill for us. The towels had ugly cigarette or rust stains on them. There was no shampoo and the only soap was hand soap which itself was watered down to save costs. You couldn't get a lather going if you'd use a palm full of this "soap" so we had to buy our own. Hot water took 3-4 mins and then would last about 30-min (depending on how many other guests were using the shower at the time) so in the morning you'd better use the hot water before it's gone!

RESTAURANT: We were told by the owners that they have a restaurant that opened till 9pm daily. So on Sunday night we were too tired to dine out so we decided to give the hotel restaurant a try. Guess what? The entire hotel was closed at 5pm on Sundays (including the main bldg where the front desk is) so we've just spent driving 30min back from Tremblant only to have to drive back out 10km into the nearest town (there is NOTHING in Lac Superieur except for a tiny Gas Station) to grab a bite - not very happy about that!!!

SAFETY: The location of Lac Superieur is quite remote. Albeit there's a gas station about 500m north but there isn't any other amenities close by. The nearest town is 10km south (Lac Carre St Faustain) along a small hilly road (Chemin Lac Superieur) where all the stores, fire hall, plows, restaurants are. This road might be okay to drive on in the summer during the day, but at night with no lighting, sharp curves, steep inclines, and poor visibility during snowfall it's almost impossible to drive.

OVERALL: I would not return to this place even if the owner was a very nice guy. For $79/night I would rather stay at some other motel along Hwy 117 for the same price. At least it's more convenient to amenities and closer to major roads. I bet the motel staff would be onsite 24/7 when we need something!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neova
Reviewed 18 February 2008

My husband and I went back but this time in the winter. What a beautiful sight to see with the snow. The owners, Patrizio, Maria-Luisa and their baby Adriano made us feel very welcomed and made sure we had everything we needed, thank you for that. We love the fact that Patrizio and Maria-Luisa made us feel like part of their family. We strongly recommend this place for both couples and families. We enjoy staying here because it is nice, comfortable, the lobby is very cozy with the fireplace, food is delicious, price is good, there are different things to do for the winter activities and Mont-Tremblant village is near by. We cannot wait to come back. Maybe next time we'll come back with our family and friends.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2008

I stumbled on to the little hide away while I was in the Tremblant area. I am an avid skier/snowboarder & just needed a place to crash. Well This little gem is tucked away on the back side of Tremblant away from all the chaos. The food was excellent & the accomidations were clean & comfortable. There was just one problem, the service....It was Incredible!!! You just don't see that kind of Care anymore. I was sort of stranded for New Years dinner & didn't feel like driving back to Tremblant. The owner & his lovely wife welcomed me to have dinner with them & their family so I wouldn't spend New Years alone & Hungry LOL. They shared their Amazing meal with me & made me feel like family.They really went above & beyond....just some hard working, really good people. I wish you both great success with your venture. Heyyy... "YOU KNOW WHO I AM". LOL. sorry eveyone, its an inside joke. Who ever stays at Rustique will have a new expirience in life. Good Luck guys. Steve

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed 9 September 2007

We visited Auberge Rustique last weekend. The rooms are nice and cozy and the lobby is a great area where you can just lounge around. My husband enjoyed the pool table and board games that were available for us to use.
The food at the restaurant is great and the owners are extremely amicable and helpful.
We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple