“Best BC Winery”

Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Creston
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I encourage all viitors to the CrestonValley to take a tour, have a wine tasting and enjoy the exceptional food and service of the Skimmerhorn Winery. I had the privledge of dinning last summer. In my opinion the head chef A.K. makes the best crab cakes in B.C. The Skimmerhorn winery staff make it a relaxing place to eat and dine. My favorite wines so far are the Marechal Foch and the Ortega .I look forward to tasting all the winery has to offer on my next visit to the valley.
Cheers,

"valley"
"products"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 15 October 2010

We live in Calgary. and had a chance visit Skimmerhorn and the girls who tasted the wines have to go back this week end. They enjoyed the wine that much and it is a 6 hour trip. We encourage anyone to please visit and enjoy.
Lesley and Brent

Reviewed 14 August 2010

I thought I would drop in on my tour of the area and I was met with less than a friendly staff and service. Don't bother going. The tasting was rushed and the service curt and rushed. The wines were mediocre at best.

1  Thank enseul
Comments01, Owner at Skimmerhorn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2011

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
We were very sorry to learn that your visit to our winery did not meet your expectations. We do appreciate your taking the time to write as it gives us the opportunity to address your concerns.
We strive to provide a friendly and relaxed experience to all our guests. With that in mind, we recognized that some guests may desire more personal attention than we have been able to provide at peak times, so shortly after your visit we made changes that immediately had a significant, positive impact on our customer service and improved efficiency in our bistro, tasting bar and wineshop. For our 2011 season we are implementing a wireless credit/debit device to further reduce congestion and provide an unhurried atmosphere for all our guests.
At Skimmerhorn Winery & Vineyard every guest’s experience is important, and we are always looking for ways to do things even better. The praise we receive from our customers continues to be our greatest reward.
Cheers,
Al & Marleen Hoag
Owners and Managers

Reviewed 3 July 2010

A friend from Creston took me to the Bistro for lunch and wine tasting in June/10 and I was amazed by the excellent cuisine, friendly folk and marvellous wines.
I will return with more friends

Bob the greeter dog was a definite plus!