Cumbrian Inn(Bella Coola)
All reviewsin townplace to stayairportferryamenitiesvalley
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed there for several days. It is nice to return to a clean and comfy home after a day of activities. The rooms are very nice and spacious, and staff is friendly. This place can get very busy during summer so book early. One thing though the rooms on the ground level is without air conditioning. It isn't a problem in the evening, but it can get a bit warm and stuffy during a hot day even with the ceiling fan. Bella Coola is an amazing place, and the Nuxalk community is super friendly. Coming from a big city, I just love the feeling of being able to wave and greet everybody, or talk to anyone on the street.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shirley T
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Where do you start with Bella Coola?The wilderness surrounding a small community who are First Nation and settler incomers, all of whom are friendly and helpful to the visiting first-timer.But best of all after a hard days slogging on the trails, coming back to the Valley Inn and good food, excellent service and cold beer!The area is awe-inspiring and after the Freedom Road (which is pretty user friendly if you are sensible in and out journeys),everything makes the visitor relaxed, comfortable, and able to hear oneself think.The wild life is phenomenal, as also is the fishing, but take care to follow the advice for wildlife encounters, especially bears (don't ask!)Thanks especially to one of the Nuxalk community whose advice on meeting a grizzly we will treasure (adopt a tree position!)In all, if you want to see real Canada in remote communities, this is the place to go, but with benefit of a real relaxing place at the Inn at days end.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank runner002
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The great service started with the offer to pick me up from the airport. The check-in was smooth and friendly. While the place is definitely a bit dated, they are doing all they can with it. The room had a fridge, a comfy bed, and it was clean. Even had a paper band around the toilet seat and that is not something I see much of anymore. The quality of the restaurant food was excellent and I had a variety of items when there. Reasonable prices, and great service. The best part was that the server let me know how busy the kitchen was and that there would be a wait. Now that is the way to drive customer satisfaction as I then just relaxed and knew it would take a bit of time. Travelling solo, I noticed a few others by themselves and that interaction with the server with each of us helped strike up a conversation. We then all sat together and I had a very enjoyable dinner with them out on the deck.

When in Bella Coola, this is definitely the place to stay. I was fortunate that I booked well in advance as the town was full and that meant many had to stay further out of town and make their way back and forth for meals. So plan your trip and book ahead to avoid disappointment. My thanks to all there and I'll see you again!

Room Tip: If it's a weekend, the pub is open so ask about the noise, if any, and I'm sure they will tell you. As i was there mid week, the pub was closed so it was all pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank GerryinGibsons
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We just stumbled into this place located right in the town of Bella Coola and had a very good meal and a very good, comfortable room.
The manager, Tom, was very attentive to our needs and even served as our waiter (and bus boy). The restaurant was crowded and a little noisy but stick with the Asian foods and you will be quite satisfied.
The room was quiet; the shower was exceptional, there was coffee service and the room was clean.
There was a continental breakfast but it looked so boring that we walked up the street to a little coffee shop and had a delightful time with the locals.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We arrived very late from the ferry and the staff was very efficient in getting the bunch of us into rooms. Don't let the exterior fool you. The place is well looked after. Continental breakfast with home baked muffins was very good.

• Stayed: August 2013