“The Cave of Refuge: Duncans Cave Tour”

Cave of Refuge: Duncans Cave Tour
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I recently returned from my trip to silver sands in Jan. this was the most fun i've had in a very long time. There was great chicken and guiness from leroy's bar plus his band was awesome. I listened to great music from the art of war sound dj's. I felt so welcomed and comfortable. A lot different from the mo bay scene. Dawn the lady in the One Love craft shop #4 was very pleasant and helpful. She introduced me to the guys who did the tours. The temperatures there was hot as oven but you expect that in the tropics you have to buy a couple of those bag juices to take with you on the hike. The guys Omar and Duggy knew their stuff. I had prepared for the roughness of the journey the cave was awesome and to follow the path of the runaway slaves reminded me of the stories from the south and Harriet Tubman's journey's in the U.S.. I saw the slave owner's old castle. I would go back the people in Duncans and at Jacob Taylor beach are nice. The whole excursion was much better and less expensive than Montego Bay or Ocho Rios. I would advise Duncans Bay Trelawny as highly for anyone looking to kick back relax and have a real cultural experience. Just one piece of Advice don't forget your bugoff because mosquito's take no prisoner's and a flash light is only needed if you make the descent to the lower level of the cave but there are so many areas in it . I had no idea it would be so big and spacious. The guide told me they have held weddings in there and honestly I can believe it. Oh yeah the vine swing was cool also not to mention the cave temperature was very cool believe it or not.

8  Thank Aubrey012