“Disappointing - Give it a miss!”
Review of Runya

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Runya
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We heard there was a new Thai restaurant at Paradise Point and thought we’d give it a try. Never again. The food was mushy, not at all fresh tasting like you would expect and the service was below average, I phoned to place an order, the phone message asked me to leave my number, I did and waited with no reply. I phoned back later and the lady answering said that she must have rang the wrong number. My husband had inedible Pad Thai and I had the worst chicken and veggies I’ve ever tried to eat. The chicken didn’t taste like chicken. I left it and my husband went to eat it the next day and said he couldn’t stomach ‘the beef’. I told him it was chicken and he wouldn’t believe me. It had the weirdest taste. I felt sick! That’s my honest opinion of this restaurant I’m sad to say as Paradise Point is my local area and I love having a choice of good food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Firstly, I would like to say I appreciate this restaurant has just opened as a rule of thumb I always give new restaurants at least a week to settle which I did. Decor is gorgeous. Food lacked any "Wow" factor, when I dine out I want to experience the food not compare that I could do just as well. Menu is maybe too extensive to perfect dishes. Service was not good we had to ask to place our order whilst tables who were seated after us were served and their orders received well before us. Staff seemed to wander aimlessly with no sense of direction in fact they didn't even seem to have their own area to attend too. Lastly when I walk out to find that I have been overcharged by some $20 (don't just trust pay pass without seeing the amount) and had to return for the refund is just not good enough. I will most likely give this restaurant another go in the future when they have found their feet as it has a great deal of potential. Management/owners at front of house were delightful and I do wish them well.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Got takeaway lunch here today & whow thank you food was amazing & authentic. I had the green curry & would have to say best I have had outside of Thailand. The staff were friendly & food prepared quickly.
I carnt wait to come back, being a local will be my favourite.
Highly recommend if you love Thai food - you won’t be disappointed. Thanks for opening in Paradise Point.