The Crown Inn(Chiddingfold)
US$75
US$92
The Mulberry Inn(Chiddingfold)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsair consky tvcontinental breakfastcalves livertop floorfoie grasmain coursedvd playerexecutive suiteboiled eggsstayed longerred wineevening mealgreat foodthe pubpuddingstayed here for one night
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here overnight and had dinner in the pub as a Birthday treat. Everything was excellent. The staff were all very friendly and totally focused on making the customer experience as good as it could be. The restaurant and bar were particularly busy as the other local pub had closed for the evening for a function. The staff worked really hard to keep all customers happy - both the locals and those staying in the pub such as ourselves. Our dinner was excellent - gourmet inn menu beautifully cooked and presented, with a very good wine list. We enjoyed the pub's 'secret garden' which had patio heaters so really nice to be able to sit outside until late on a warm summer evening when the pub itself was so busy. We'll be back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - we had a lovely room but it looked out on to a wall.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
swanGodalming, General Manager at The Swan Inn Chiddingfold, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind words!

I am very happy you enjoyed your evening even though we were very busy. Very glad to hear you were happy with our front of house. They do deserve a pat on the back for doing such an amazing job on friday.

We are lucky with the summer we are having so far and I am delighted you made the best of it and sad in our secret garden.

Thank you once again for your lovely review and see you soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I really loved staying here; the room we were in was lovely, with a great en suit, comfortable bed, an air con unit and a nice TV with access to Sky movies!

During the week they serve a continental breakfast, but don't let this put you off; the spread they put out is expansive, delicious and filling - you have the options of fresh fruit juices, yoghurt, fruit, meat, cheese, croissants and eggs to cook to your preferred state with the use of a machine to boil them! They even have little egg timers for you :)

We also tried food from their lunch menu, which was delicious (I can highly recommend the fish and chips!).

One thing to watch out for is the car park; this is directly opposite the hotel and so be sure to slow down when you're approaching the hotel (if you're using sat nav) so that the entrance doesn't take you by surprise!

For me, the thing that made this place the gem that it is was the staff; every single member of the team that we were fortunate enough to have an interaction with was so friendly, efficient and thoughtful that it made us so grateful to be there. They treated us like we were family/friends staying in their home. If you have any queries then all of them were able to give advice and help. Genuinely, everyone there was so great (special shout-out to Perrie, who was incredible) and because of them, I could not recommend staying here enough.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Olly,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay at our Inn. I have personally send a very big thank you to all my staff members and have told them to read this review.

hope to see you soon

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Yet another fantastic meal at The Swan Inn, Chiddingfold! I cannot fault the front of house staff for being very friendly and welcoming, creating a relaxed and comfortable environment to dine in. The food never disappoints; a great mixture of innovative cooking with classics done very well! I went with a friend who hadn't dinned at The Swan before and she was blown away by how tasty the food was. We managed to squeeze in a desert to share, which was definitely worth saving room for; it both looked and tasted fantastic!! (The chocolate brownie is a must!). Thank you to all those at The Swan for another great evening.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
swanGodalming, Manager at The Swan Inn Chiddingfold, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Hi Owen,

Thank you for your lovely review. Very delighted to hear that you had a wonderful evening. Hope to welcome you back soon so you can have some more chocolate desert :)

Hannes Ongenae

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I found everything to be as it shoyld be or even better. The staff was exceptionally friendly at all times, food was amazing, everything seemed to be well maintained and the room was... Well i slept as a baby for the first time in a long time.

Cudoes to the staff and management!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Hi Thomas,

Delighted to hear you had an amazing experience here at the Swan. I will pass all your nice comments on to the chefs and front of house staff.

looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Would like to say a huge thank you to The Swan Inn for one of the nicest evenings out I've had for a long time!

My uncle was visiting and we decided to celebrate with dinner out. We chose the Swan as it's fairly close to where we live and we've heard lots of good things about it.

We had a table for 6 people and as we walked in we were offered a drink at the bar before heading to our table. It was rather busy as it was Friday night so we were served, rather promptly (which is always a bonus on a Friday night!), and shown to our table. It was lovely to sit with a pint of beer or glass of wine whilst discussing the menu options!

As we sat down, we were welcomed by a lovely waitress, Perrie. She was extremely friendly and had a good knowledge of the wine list. We decided on a lovely Gavi, would definitely recommend! It arrived swiftly in a full ice bucket and Perrie asked the head of the table to try the wine before pouring everyone a glass.

We took a long time to decide what we wanted but Perrie would check on us every few minutes so that when we were ready, we wouldn't have to wait long.

The starters flew out the kitchen and we were all extremely pleased. The variety was amazing and the flavours were immaculate. I had a terrine and I was blown away! We also had a vegetarian on the table and she absolutely loved her starter!

As we finished, Perrie cleared our table to make room for the approaching main course. Minutes later, piping hot, brilliantly designed plates of food came from the kitchen and landed on our table. So lovely to hear the rest of the party be so delighted about the food they had chosen. I went for the classic burger, with cheese and bacon, and they had an option to add a patty, so I did!

Normally with burgers, they are either undercooked and cold, or overcooked and gristly. This was absolutely perfect. The meat was to die for and it came with perfectly seasoned chips and a little ramikin of gurkin relish which complimented the brioche bun it was held together with.

I definitely didn't have enough room for dessert but I had one anyway! Salted Caramel ice cream. Absolutely marvellous.

Followed by a coffee, the evening had been fabulous. Thank you so much to Perrie and the team, and also to Hannes, the Manager! Great evening.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Hey Charlie,

What a wonderful review. I have passed on all these nice remarks to our lovely staff. It was a delight to serve you and your family.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards