Review Highlights
Absolutely incredible and unique experience!

My family and I had the incredible experience of taking the 2 hour tour this March. As soon as we... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
kellyhO8401MU
Wonderful Experience.

My family and I had a wonderful time. It was the highlight of out winter holiday. We loved... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Coastal294196

Recommended experiences in and around Haliburton
from US$109.77
from US$275.81
from US$487.98
from US$197.76
More Info
All reviews hour tour hot chocolate amazing experience my boyfriend once in a lifetime bucket list half way well taken care dog team canadian experience yukon quest birthday cake dog sled tour halfway point their job half day trip highly recommend this experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2021 via mobile

It was beautiful sunny day, -13C, but nothing would stop us to get a taste of the dog sledding at Winterdance Dogsled Tours place. You and your team of 5 affectionate Siberian Huskies!!! Sun, frost and wind... It was unforgettable experience! We took 2 hours tour because we never done before and did not know what to expect. We highly recommend this place for the dog sledding tours.

Reviewed 8 March 2021

This was a fun and unique outdoor adventure. The dogs and employees were amazing. The dogs are so friendly- offering many photo opportunities. The staff was well experienced and their love for the dogs as well as their jobs was clear. We would certainly do this again in the future along with recommending it to our friends and family.

Reviewed 7 March 2021

Dogsledding has been on my list of "have to do's" for a long time. So happy to have had this amazing experience with Winterdance. The dogs (all Huskies) were sweet and affectionate, clearly so loved and well taken care of. They were all (dogs and staff) contagiously enthusiastic about their work! The dogs just live to pull those sleds, their excitement is unbelievable. The trail winds up and down and around the beautiful Winterdance Haliburton Highland property.
An adventure not to be missed.

Reviewed 6 March 2021

Booked our trip as a Christmas gift for my husband and I as we have had a couple of really busy years including the build of our house. Booking was easy and we knew we were waiting to hear about lockdown but were happy to just get in. We were happy when we got the green light. I can’t imagine how hard the pandemic had been on businesses like this! We also booked the cottage stay for 2 nights to make a getaway out of it. Prices were very reasonable.
This has been an activity on my bucket list and I was really looking forward to seeing this area of Ontario as well. I knew my husband would love it as well.
It didn’t disappoint. We had a perfect day for it..... big snowflakes falling but mild. Arrived and had some down time. Loved watching the process of prepping and getting to know our pups. It was amazing seeing the teams put together and watching the anticipation build as the dogs got closer to take off time. Our lead dogs were 2 older dogs who had run the Iditarod and I just fell in love with them! The scenery was beautiful! We had such a great time and it just seemed surreal.
Guides were excellent! I probably asked them a hundred questions and while I’m sure they were busy coordinating, they answered each and everyone. Very knowledgeable and much like a supportive family!!
Cottage was clean and spacious. We really loved the peaceful tranquility of the whole trip. We took a walk around the lake and sat outside on the deck. We even watched one of the dog sledding movies. Kitchen was great for making our own meals. Tanya and Hank were very quick and helpful to respond to any questions we had, etc.
The whole trip and experience was exactly what we needed! I hadn’t felt that relaxed in a long time. I bought Hank’s first book, some maple syrup and a hoodie for Tim. Haven’t been able to put the book down and the hoodie has become a favourite and staple of his wardrobe.
I just love what Hank and Tanya are doing! I love their passion, commitment and love for their dogs. I love how their kids play a role in this endeavour. And I love that we got to experience it! You won’t regret it. Go in with no expectations and just enjoy the surroundings and getting back to nature. Turn the phone off, take a book, a bottle of wine and just chill!! Can’t say enough good things. Next time we hope to take our 2 kiddos!

Reviewed 4 March 2021 via mobile

Thank you Winterdance for a wonderful way to celebrate my husband’s birthday! What an adventure! We had an amazing time on our afternoon dogsled tour. Your dogs are beautiful and it’s obvious that they love to run! Our guide, Dustyn was great! He was very knowledgeable and friendly and made sure that everyone in the group was safe at all times. The dogs are so friendly and love to be petted and hugged. We will be back next year for sure! Thank you for making this birthday celebration such a memorable one.