All reviews long weekend my parents pools campground washer toss
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My Fiance & I stayed three nights July 29,30,31.......we really enjoyed most of our stay,however a few points to note. The no debit at the office and canteen sucks. There is an ATM at the office......but not going to pay $3 to use......givin the fact the take your credit card payment....makes sense they should take debit. Also.......motorize scootors need to have the same speed limit of 10 km per hr as velicles......We ask about seasonal and the staff at the office really has no idea which sites are open....need a better system to know the availablibility of such. The price is higher then most for over night/seasonal. I don't mind paying the higher price, however free wifi ( which is a cheap fix.......I helped a friend of mine in the US with a campground as big or bigger then Pinecone). People skills go alone way in growing your business. The rules are fine,however the same should apply for all. You cannot treat seasonals different than transients....one other note....bathrooms need update....Eatons sinkes...lol......Darrell & Tammy....d_tidd@yahoo.ca

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
23  Thank Darrell_Tammy
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We have been seasonal campers at the pine cone for four or five years now. The campground is geared around kids, if you can't handle this them maybe pine cone isn't the place for you to be. The owners and there employees are great and usually treat everyone fairly. The only thing we find frustrating is the two car rule. I agree that there shouldn't be allowed two cars on a lot as they aren't big enought, but this rule should be inforced for every camper. My husband and I have been told a couple of times while unloading our vehicles that we are only allowed one per site and to get one out, while weekenders are allowed two cars all weekend. This is very frustrating as we are paying huge money to stay all season and these other campers are only passing through. Rules are rules and should be the same for everyone.

• Stayed: July 2011
7  Thank im2sweet4u
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I stop last night at pine cone in Sussex,nb. I have travel most of camprounds in NB,NS and we just got back from a trip to Quebec. Pine cone is the best campround we have stayed in the last 3 yrs. I read reviews before stopping and we where a bit skeptical because of some comments posted. I must say that 95% of satisfied clients don't need to come here and write reviews. They have 3 pool,one is olympic sizes and a kiddy pool for my daughters and a mid size pool. The roads are paved with little street lights , I like it that the roads are not to wide ,because this would increase traffic speed putting my little girls in danger.I never expected freeways in a campground and don't want them. This was good enough for my 40 th coach with no dust. Whe where very well treated at this campground...fire pits,canteen,wood etc.... Don't let the 5% of the people fool you this is a awesome park! They even have a community to help improve the facilities in the park that is how open minded the owner or owners are... I guess it all boils down to respect = respect!
The Belliveau Family .....don't think twice this is a awesome place with wooded lots or non wooded,pull thrues etc....

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank LobsterDan
Reviewed 20 March 2010

My family and I started camping at Pine Cone on 2005 and we have been there as seasonal campers since 2008 and we plan on staying there for years to come. They offer campers three pools which cater to all age groups and skill levels. There is a large play ground for children that is clean and well maintained. They have paved roads that are intended to cater to the kids as bike and/or scooter trails and not as a speedway for campers to get to or leave from their sites. There are horse-shoe pits, a beach volleyball court, canteen, recreation centre, washer and dryer facilities, public washrooms and showers and there is an area for kids to do tricks with their bikes. What makes Pine Cone so special is the campers that stay there on a regular basis and organise so many activities for the children of all age groups. Pine Cone Campers celebrate Christmas, Halloween {you would not believe the "SCARY TRAIL" put on by some of the seasonal campers}, Canada Day with too many activities to mention for the kids, pool parties, dances, talent shows, Pine Cone Idol competitions, beach volleyball tournaments, horse-shoe tournaments, poker runs, washer toss tournaments...... You get the idea.
Pine Cone has rules that are enforced by their security officers with everyone equally and the rules are focused on safety and consideration for your fellow campers. I have never had or observed an incident that was unprofessional on the part of the owners or their security staff in fact the opposite is true they have been friendly and accommodating. I realise that I have not been camping at Pine Cone for very long but since I have been there I have seen them add approximately 75 new sites, newly paved bike ways through the new sites and the amount of seasonal campers there must have tripled since 2005 so they must be doing something right.
Of course there are growing pains and with more sites there will be a demand for more laundry facilities, washrooms and showers. I personally have made suggestions to the owners about changing the sand in the volleyball court, putting in a half or full sized basketball court and other campers have done the same with receptive results.
My family and I are looking forward to another summer at Pine Cone and I hope to spend as much time there as can.
You are minutes from Sussex that has everything you need to have a great camping experience if your supplies run dry. You are half an hour from Fundy National Park, there are hundreds of miles of quad trails nearby, there's a skate park for kids in Sussex, the balloon Festival, several places to fish, there's the Sussex golf course that is minutes away as well.......... again you get the idea. I highly recommend anyone and everyone that enjoys family camping to experience what Pine Cone has to offer.
Lot 250 Mark Petherick

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
7  Thank Irish250
Reviewed 9 February 2010

We stayed there one night, they had a fire around 2am in the shower stalls. Had no warer or electricty so I ask for my money back and the owner gave back partial money and told us to leave and not to come back. Not my fault they had a small fire.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family